Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that make you smile

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Bluebonnets & Schwinn
E6ii9tn.jpg

Let's hope the owner knows not to do this in the summer time. :(

True, that.

Still, a neighborhood busybody got on the Nextdoor app to alert everyone to a dog left unattended in a car in a nearby restaurant parking lot on a recent evening while its keepers were presumably inside the restaurant having their dinner. It was in the 50s that evening. The sun had set.

3fingers

One Too Many
True, that.

Still, a neighborhood busybody got on the Nextdoor app to alert everyone to a dog left unattended in a car in a nearby restaurant parking lot on a recent evening while its keepers were presumably inside the restaurant having their dinner. It was in the 50s that evening. The sun had set.
A few years ago I was relieved at a fundraising booth by my stepson. He came over to help his mom and parked and left his 2 dogs in the car. I left the booth as soon as he got there to collect the hounds and take them home with me. Approximately 10 minutes had elapsed between his arrival and my approaching the car to pick up the dogs. As I walked up a young woman was attempting to break the window out of his car to "rescue" the abused canines. It was mid September and after sunset. The temperature was around 55-60 degrees. She had many things to say until I mentioned if she didn't leave immediately I was going to have her arrested for every single thing I could think of.
Those were 2 of the most spoiled dogs who ever lived. He would no more have endangered them than one of his children.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
True, that.

Grocery store, Port Aransas, Texas .
It was in July with 100 degrees in the shade.
The sun had not set.
Upon arriving at the parking lot, I saw several people gathered around a dog trying to get him to
drink water from a dish bowl.
There was a truck with a broken window, the owner standing nearby with his head down saying
nothing.
I can’t repeat on the forum what the folk were telling him except for one.

“You p.o.s.---if the dog survives, he will still look up to you and not hold it against you!”

Just Jim

A-List Customer
Last litter of Scotty puppies I had, one had a peculiar fondness for pizza. At four weeks, he'd sniff the air then stalk it. If I put a plate with a slice on the ground, he'd do a stumbling run-and- dive, poke his nose in on the closest side, and flip over--still licking the tomato sauce. Hope to have another litter this summer, I'll try to get movies of their antics. . . for educational purposes, of course!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Spider Bug? You should see spider dog. Look for him on YouTube:

To get over the fear of Tarantulas, a buddy gave me one from
his collection which he gathered from the jungle during my
tour of duty.

That lasted less than week.
One night he came back drunk and knocked the big Folgers tin can
where I kept my hairy pet.
Never could find it and never got much sleep that night as well. :(

Last edited:
And we see one of the differences between cats and dogs. Give a dog the same access to that tort and it would look like a bunker-busting bomb had hit it.
Cats and dogs are different in more ways than one, and studies performed in recent years have led some "experts" to conclude cats cannot taste "sweet". They can, however, taste the fat that was used in that frosting, which is probably why that cat is so attracted to it and not the rest of the tort.

Dogs can taste "sweet", but to them smell is much more important than flavor, which is why they'll try to eat almost anything as long as it smells appealing to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner