Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Carrie,
I see that Insurrection Aero jackets are made with chrome tanned FQHH. I was under the impression that Aero used primarily veg tanned FQHH. Does Insurrection request chrome tanned?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie,
I see that Insurrection Aero jackets are made with chrome tanned FQHH. I was under the impression that Aero used primarily veg tanned FQHH. Does Insurrection request chrome tanned?

Aero uses chrome tanned FQHH.

Correct HD, we specify the majority of our Aero jackets with Aero's signature leather--Horween chrome-tanned front quarter horsehide!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We have plans in the works to carry The Flat Head famous 3XXXX raw selvedge denim, which has the most intense vertical-fading properties on the market! Flat Head jeans can be shipped with Aero fit jackets so that customers can be sure they're getting the perfect denim fit...

We're thinking that it would be fun to have a seasonal TFL "Horsehide & Denim" patina contest, with the winner receiving a gift certificate to Insurrection/Thurston Bros!

flathead3_zps33ee43ce.jpg

FlatHeadone_zps79e8ea42.jpg

FlatHeadtwo_zps084a93d9.jpg

Last edited:
We have plans in the works to carry The Flat Head famous 3XXXX raw selvedge denim, which has the most intense vertical-fading properties on the market! Flat Head jeans can be shipped with Aero fit jackets so that customers can be sure they're getting the perfect denim fit...We're thinking that it would be fun to have a seasonal TFL "Horsehide & Denim" patina contest, with the winner receiving a gift certificate to Insurrection/Thurston Bros!
flathead3_zps33ee43ce.jpg
FlatHeadone_zps79e8ea42.jpg
FlatHeadtwo_zps084a93d9.jpg
What weights and sizes? Interested.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I need a 38. But unsanforized...will your 38 end up a 38 or? This is where the premium denim gives me migraines :)Thanks for the quick reply. I'm needing a new pair for fall, but really wanted some 21oz.

Because they're unsanforized, you'd be a 40, which we can get. 21oz. in Pasadena, CA...you're brave!!!

Great fades!!!

flathead_zps02822679.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Insurrection/Thurston Bros. has started taking orders for September Aero production. We have 26 September Aero production slots left for North American customers...get your custom Aero flight, Aero utility, or Aero motorcycle jacket by late September/early October!

1920sHalfBeltTwo-ToneBack11_zps70183f4a.jpg

1920sHalfBeltTwo-ToneTag_zps76ada1d5.jpg

Cheech

A-List Customer
I need a 38. But unsanforized...will your 38 end up a 38 or? This is where the premium denim gives me migraines :)Thanks for the quick reply. I'm needing a new pair for fall, but really wanted some 21oz.

Hey Butte,

In case you're interested, Gustin has an open "campaign" for 18 oz denim jeans to ship in September, and their sizes extend to 38, which I gather is about equivalent to 38 or 40 in most brands. Plus you can get $20 off with this referral: https://weargustin.com/invite_from/5840

Now, back to the topic at hand...

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
That's Six Million Dollar Man awesome!

it is gorgeous ... and in the sunlight, it almost looks two-toned, especially on the shoulder yoke. ken's new designs are just something else. the hudson is intricate -- with the pockets and piping -- but at the same time classic and simple. not something that's easy to achieve.

oh, scott, i decided to go with the dark brown mouton collar on the cherry fqhh hudson i ordered with carrie. wade said the black undertones in the cherry hide would just really pop with the dark brown, rather than the rust, which he thought would stand out a bit too much. ought to be a beauty.

have a good weekend.

logan

it is gorgeous ... and in the sunlight, it almost looks two-toned, especially on the shoulder yoke. ken's new designs are just something else. the hudson is intricate -- with the pockets and piping -- but at the same time classic and simple. not something that's easy to achieve.oh, scott, i decided to go with the dark brown mouton collar on the cherry fqhh hudson i ordered with carrie. wade said the black undertones in the cherry hide would just really pop with the dark brown, rather than the rust, which he thought would stand out a bit too much. ought to be a beauty.have a good weekend.logan
I thought it was two-tone as well. Shows it could be done and look great!As for your jacket, it sounds awesome. They deal with scores of jackets, so trust them. I have but one with fur :)I actually got the idea for the removable collar from Wade back in late 2010 / early 2011. Now, I'd probably go with a fixed collar as this is my colder weather leather. I look forward to yours. Good luck!Enjoy your weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn