Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

IXL

One Too Many
aero hudson without fur collar, brown c/x front quarter horsehide!

hudson1_zpsb5033bc7.jpg

wowwwza!!!!!!!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
That's Six Million Dollar Man awesome!

it is gorgeous ... and in the sunlight, it almost looks two-toned, especially on the shoulder yoke. ken's new designs are just something else. the hudson is intricate -- with the pockets and piping -- but at the same time classic and simple. not something that's easy to achieve

wowwwza!!!!!!!

That's a knockout jacket, it looks like it's straight out of a vintage catalogue, but it's brand new! Perfect fit too.

Without a doubt guys! Julie Leitch did an absolutely amazing job with this Aero Hudson!

Blue hide samples were shipped out yesterday. Please look most carefully at the Navy Aqua Blue Steerhide (labeled NAB), as it's a dark blue full grain steerhide with some very cool hints of green in it...

Also, Insurrection/Thurston Bros. has only 19 August Aero production slots left available for North American customers...get your custom Aero flight, Aero utility, or Aero motorcycle jacket by late September/early October!

Last edited:

mattp

One of the Regulars
Hi Carrie,
There's some great looking Aeros in this thread, well done! I've seen something that's piqued my interest in another thread, and I've got to ask; are you able to source brown Vanson PLU-3s?
Thanks in advance!
Matt

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie,
There's some great looking Aeros in this thread, well done! I've seen something that's piqued my interest in another thread, and I've got to ask; are you able to source brown Vanson PLU-3s?
Thanks in advance!
Matt

Octagon, Vanson's marbled brown, is not available for order this Fall. Your best bet for a marbled brown cafe' racer would be an Aero Fontana or Sonora Cafe' Racer (see below) in Brown C/X FQHH, Tumbled Brown C/X FQHH, or Battered Brown Horsehide...

AeroVintageBrownCafeRacerfront_zpsf93235a1.jpg

AeroCafeRacerVintageBrownDetail1_zpsd9f71dd7.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We received this photo this morning from one of our customers in Paris who purchased our custom Vanson Comet PLU-3. The Comet PLU-3 is a design we created with Vanson nearly a decade ago, and it's more popular than ever! GREAT customer photo...keep 'em coming guys!!!

Facebook8_zps4e9447aa.jpg

I got the new blue samples today - thank you Carrie.
I took photos inside and outside and none of them represent the correct colors.
Two are usable for the task that started this. "NAF" and "WAXY". Both nice dark blues, the "WAXY" being darkest with a hint of green in bright sunlight.
"NAF" has a more pronounced pebble grain, which is up to personal taste.
If I thought it would do any good, I'd post the pics, but they're useless. I'll try when the sun starts to go down again.

I got them too!
I think WAXY is probably the way to go.
It's almost black, but blue...
Butte, If yours don't come out- I can give it a try.
Thanks Carrie!!!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Two are usable for the task that started this. "NAF" and "WAXY". Both nice dark blues, the "WAXY" being darkest with a hint of green in bright sunlight.
If I thought it would do any good, I'd post the pics, but they're useless. I'll try when the sun starts to go down again.

I got them too!
Thanks Carrie!!!

Waxy Blue with mid-brown knits is the conservative choice, yet jackets made from it still look amazing! The Navy Aqua Blue with mid-brown knits is a less conservative choice, but jackets made from it look absolutely incredible too! To my eye, the Navy Aqua Blue has more green tones in it than the Waxy Blue. The grain (amount and type) will vary from swatch to swatch, as that's the nature as well as the beauty of full grain leathers!

Last edited:
Waxy Blue with mid-brown knits would be the conservative choice, yet still look amazing! The Navy Aqua Blue with mid-brown knits would be a less conservative choice. However, to my eye, the Navy Aqua Blue has more green tones in it than the Waxy Blue. The grain (amount and type) will vary from swatch to swatch, as that's the nature as well as the beauty of full grain leathers!
I'm old. I gotta be realistic. lol
Mike - I'll try again soon. If they work, I'll post 'em up.

Best I can do. I'd still say the two darkest are darker than they look here. Both would be OK for a more subtle jacket.

<br>

photo5.jpg

<br>

photo4-4.jpg

<br>

photo3-4.jpg

<br>

photo2-5.jpg

<br>

photo1-5.jpg

<br>

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Wow, that looks great. Which knits?

Tan knits...I love the jacket! It's a great choice for women!

I got them too!
Thanks Carrie!!!

Here is the best representation of the blues that I've been able to get, but, as Butte and Mike have pointed out, both are much darker in person...

Navy Aqua Blue (with bright light)--

ButteRoyalBlue11_zps7392f76e.jpg

Waxy Blue (without bright light and with bright light)--

ButteWaxyBlue11_zps5eff3fd9.jpg

Buttewaxy_zps03485c36.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace