Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
For Full Grain Vegetable Tanned Vicenza Italian Horsehide Updates, please subscribe to this thread:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?77738-Insurrection-Thurston-Italian-Full-Grain-Veg-Tanned-Horsehide-for-Aero-Jackets

Fedora Italian Veg. Tanned.jpg

Brettafett

One Too Many
Gorgeous Aero 40-3785-P Type A-2 in Brown C/X Horsehide with OD green contrast stitching and OD green liner!

AeroA-2TagDetail_zps6e9dea46.jpg

AeroA-2Detail_zps899fffa3.jpg

A-2Detail_zpsf816b22f.jpg

AeroDetail3_zps009c2fcc.jpg

Carrie, do you guys have any fit pics of the Aero 3785 A-2? There is so little available to be seen, this seems to be such a 'shy' jacket.
I can only imagine one of these in the new Vicenza HH.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, do you guys have any fit pics of the Aero 3785 A-2? There is so little available to be seen, this seems to be such a 'shy' jacket.
I can only imagine one of these in the new Vicenza HH.

We don't right now...the next one that comes in, we'll photograph!

Here is a Vanson Jacket that we did for the members of StyleForum.net. We'll call it the StyleRider!

StyleRider1.jpg

StyleRider2.jpg

StyleRider3.jpg

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Anyone knows what would be the idea behind the sleeve zipper?

Keeps the wind out while riding & allows for a longer leather glove to be zipped inside the sleeve making for better protection. Also, a zipped up sleeve that sits very close to the wrist offers better protection than the end of a sleeve that just sort of bangs around your wrist.

No, no. I apologize, I didn't formulate that very well at all! XD I meant, that zipper sitting high on the right sleeve, like on the jacket Carrie posted above, one for Styleforum member. I see this on LL jackets as well - I think that's where it originated from, actually - and I've always thought it's an odd place to place a zipper.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Oh wow xD talk about misinterpretation! It does seem an odd place to place a zipper, but it does look neat! LL, would that be Langlitz? Because my Padded Pocket Columbia has the sleeve zippers in the usual place.

Yeah, sort of silly of me not to specify which sleeve zipper I meant since near all MC jackets actually do have sleeve zippers. :)
LL = Lewis Leathers. I think it originated with the Bronx. Coin pocket, the site refers to it as. I agree, it does look pretty cool!

mattp

One of the Regulars
Lewis Leathers do a pocket on the upper arm of some of their jackets, and Langlitz also offer a pocket over the left outer upper arm and/or over the right wrist. I've got both on my Langlitz Cascade, and while they both look cool (I think), the wrist pocket is really useful for coins and things as it's very easy to access, while the one on the upper arm / bicep area is pretty tricky to access and is ~12 cm deep, so if you put something small in there (like coins), you pretty much have to take the jacket off to get them out again. I'm sure I'll find a good use for it one day though :)

mendelboaz

One Too Many
I'll be stopping by to say 'Hi' and check out some great jackets during my visit to Seattle next summer :) ! I have some questions regarding the Aero J106. Can the Aero J106 be made with the Buco tag instead of the Aero tag? And if so, is there an upcharge involved? Also: is the J106 made to the original patterns of the Buco J-24 (sleeve & body length aside)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou