Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' Thread!

Sled Dog

Familiar Face
Scored this like new Burberry long trench with the zip-in wool liner and button-in wool collar liner.
Fits me perfect!!
bur1_zps17ac0499.jpg

bur2_zpsc97ef5ab.jpg

bur3_zpsf496cc45.jpg

bur5_zps45ff2bdb.jpg

bur4_zps71f39452.jpg

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
^ Great find and I like the colour (more practical than light tan). I'm surprised by the price, since Value Village stores here in Ontario would have priced that coat at $50 - although given the apparently great condition, it would have been worth much more than that.

Duke of Buckingham

New in Town
I once saw a Burberry dark blue trench in Vancouver's Value Village at $140. It fitted me, but I didn't buy it. Perhaps it was a fair price on a garment that retails for $2,000 after taxes, but it still struck me as expensive. I was broke at the time.

The coat was beautifully made, if a little heavy - probably too warm for year-round wear.

I love the colour, and especially the price, of the item shown above.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Duke of Buckingham said:
I once saw a Burberry dark blue trench in Vancouver's Value Village at $140. It fitted me, but I didn't buy it. Perhaps it was a fair price on a garment that retails for $2,000 after taxes, but it still struck me as expensive. I was broke at the time.

The coat was beautifully made, if a little heavy - probably too warm for year-round wear.

I love the colour, and especially the price, of the item shown above.
You probably should have bought it, even at that price, but if you were broke at the time then you made the right decision!

GHT

I'll Lock Up

The Trenchcoat in the first photo of that website is all but identical to mine. I got mine for a song. the label is: Impeccable BB. (Does that mean Burberry?)
Much as I like that coat, I have always hankered after one in tweed, and in Tweedman's Vintage, I have finally found what I am looking for.
However, I have no idea what era it's from, or even if it's a repro copy. Any information would be appreciated.

tweed-coat-mens-001.jpg

Hal

Practically Family
...I have always hankered after one in tweed, and...I have finally found what I am looking for. However, I have no idea what era it's from, or even if it's a repro copy. Any information would be appreciated.
From the shape of the lapels and (so far as I can see) the absence of a button-hole in the lapel, I think it's from the 1970s. There were not many trench coats in the 1960s; the style reappeared in the 1970s. It's not, however, as exaggeratedly styled as some garments from that period, and I would happily wear it!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for that Hal. It just has a classy look to it, I certainly am no purist, even if it was a reproduction, it has that 'look' that I like. And I wear what I like, and hang the purists, fashion police and anyone else who says that you shouldn't do this, or you shouldn't do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails