Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trouser gals

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Blondie said:
Aurora, those pants are great !
She sells on Ebay as well, i recognise the sailor pants.

It was only the other day I realised she was on Etsy... Thought better of linking an ebay auction - Might get a slap on the wrist! ;)

Anyone want to buy these for me, I'm a little skint right now?! :D

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
any of you london ladies...beyond retro are selling the deadstock original button up sailor trousers, i got mine a while ago and they are amazing for a 40s look, they've just got some more in, they're in the mens section...

Folly

One of the Regulars
With hips two sizes bigger than my waist, finding trousers that fit properly is a nightmare as even if I can get them to fit, I then have to get them long enough in the leg too which is near impossible.

The so called high waisted trousers I recently purchased are just below my belly button but I can forgive them because they fit and they have 28" cuffs which I adore! Oh AND they're pinstripe.

Not vintage, but I do have the most incredible pair of head turning white pinstripe wide legged trousers though, which I purchased before the world went hipster crazy. People call them my Doctor Who trousers lol

Mary

Practically Family
I've been looking through old magazines lately and found some pictures of old-school trouser gals. Hope it's all right to post them. It's from magazines from the 30's and 40's so I think there's no copywrite.

First the sweet Miss Sweden girls in pants that seems to be loose and some sort of wrapstyle. What would this be called?

2008_0419trousers0036.jpg

2008_0419trousers0041.jpg

Mary

Practically Family
And some of Tutta Rolf, a swedish actor who tried to make it in hollywood but didn't (as far as I know).
2008_0419trousers0032.jpg

and some on someone I don't have a clue who it is.

2008_0419trousers0043.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The pants with buttons are traditionally called "Sailor Pants" in the US.

I have lots of reference material for vintage pants (I think), but I'm trying to finish posting to some other reference threads first. Hope you understand. ;)

If you really need some information before a certain date, drop me a PM and I'll haul out my magazines.

Oh, and keep an eye on the Ladies Suit thread. I will be posting some reproduction pants in that thread. I also posted some pants a while ago in the Classifieds, but I don't remember if I left the photo up.

Vintage Betty

SarahLouise

Practically Family
artful dodgette said:
any of you london ladies...beyond retro are selling the deadstock original button up sailor trousers, i got mine a while ago and they are amazing for a 40s look, they've just got some more in, they're in the mens section...

Thanks Artful Dodgette! Did you get them from the Soho or Brick Lane branch?

MissHannah

One Too Many
artful dodgette said:

Oooh post a pic Dodgette!

Mary

Practically Family
VintageBetty that's sound lovely. I love your knowledge. I'll look into the suit's tread!

16 sparrows. I love that dancing picture. I'm quite new here I love to see pictures of people back them.So I can look at details and dream away to the distant past. :rolleyes:

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
Mary said:
I've been looking through old magazines lately and found some pictures of old-school trouser gals. Hope it's all right to post them. It's from magazines from the 30's and 40's so I think there's no copywrite.

First the sweet Miss Sweden girls in pants that seems to be loose and some sort of wrapstyle. What would this be called?

2008_0419trousers0041.jpg

where can i find trousers like these..they are soooo splendid!! i would buy one in every possible color!!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Mary said:

I don't think the trousers are a wrap style, but more of a button flap front similar to the fall front breeches that men wore in the 18th and early 19th centuries or similar to the trousers in a sailor unniform. That front panel of the slacks is a flap that bottons up on both sides.

16_sparrows

Vendor
positivelypinup said:
I bought some from stop staring, and i did not like them. I wish they had pockets on the side...I really love pockets!

Which ones from Stop Staring did you get? The ones from Daddy O's show side pockets on them...I'm wondering if it would be a better/different fit, if they are not the ones you are talking about.

Link to image.

16_sparrows

Vendor
ShoreRoadLady said:
:eek:fftopic: The seamstress in me notes that the bias plaid skirt does *not* line up at the side seams!

HA! Well, I let stuff like that slide because as one who sews as well, I know it is a pain int he booty. Plus, that may have been all the fabric she had to work with and lining it up may have not been an option, it was the 30s. Do with what you have!

This thread has me all hopped-up for trousers, but the weather will soon not allow such dress! Woo, summer in Chicago is strictly skirt weather, I tell you what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24