Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman and Open Road

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've heard that these LBJ hats are not Stetsons, strictly speaking, but Open Road style hats manufactured by a local Dallas hat maker, whom, I don't remember, but there is some website that shows Pres. Kennedy being presented with one prior to Nov. 22nd, 1963.

dean

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
deanglen said:
Yes! You're right! Thanks! What else can you tell us about the hats and the maker?

dean

I can't tell you a whole lot more than I already know from checking out their website and perusing previous posts on the Lounge. Jimmy Pierce can probably fill us in better than anyone...

Cheers,
JtL

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I think you are right Gents, Peter's Bros. made hats for several Presidents and I believe also for LBJ.
Ande, I modify my proportions to fit the client so this really is just an example, not set in stone.

analogist

One of the Regulars
HST

The HST on Art's site is a compilation of over 3000 images of HarryTruman wearing or carrying his hat.

As a relative of the late President, it is also from the times I remember him on his "constitutionals" on Park Avenue when he stayed at The Waldorf Towers.

There are those who feel I have a slight resemblance to Harry himself. You, fellow Loungers be the judge for as I have posted, my avatar is a photo of myself.

analogist

woodsie

Banned
analogist said:
The HST on Art's site is a compilation of over 3000 images of HarryTruman wearing or carrying his hat.

As a relative of the late President, it is also from the times I remember him on his "constitutionals" on Park Avenue when he stayed at The Waldorf Towers.

There are those who feel I have a slight resemblance to Harry himself. You, fellow Loungers be the judge for as I have posted, my avatar is a photo of myself.

analogist
Yes, there is a resemblance, but I believe HST preferred a sable coat to your mink stole.:D

rgraham

A-List Customer
analogist said:

analogist

You could be his twin. Except for the hair and coat that is.

Viper Man

Banned
Colby Jack said:
and I went all this time wondering what HST stood for....:eusa_doh: [huh] :D

Heh. Initially, I thought it stood for this guy...

421c0a8bbfbb2-21-1.jpg

duggap

Banned
HST

The last hat I got from Art was the HST in powder blue. The color is a little tricky to wear but the style of the HST is the very best of all my hats. I think it is one of the top three that Art produces.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
No, no. I know he's got the same initials, but we're talking presidents.

If we were talking about this kind of goofy hat,

421c0a8bbfbb2-21-1.jpg

we'd be talking about this president.

04482.GIF

duggap

Banned
Colby Jack, I think the HST, the Jazzman and the LaSalle are my three favorites that Art makes. I have the Brooklyn but I consider it a more dressy hat. A very nice lid. Naturally Jack, my opinions are just that and are just mine. Others may have other favorites and I would never argue with them as to which is the best.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
duggap said:
Colby Jack, I think the HST, the Jazzman and the LaSalle are my three favorites that Art makes. I have the Brooklyn but I consider it a more dressy hat. A very nice lid. Naturally Jack, my opinions are just that and are just mine. Others may have other favorites and I would never argue with them as to which is the best.
All beautiful hats Duggap...and it's always fun to find out what styles of Art people like. Maybe a new thread on which 3 of Arts hats people would choose and why...:eusa_clap [huh] :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR