Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twenty six bucks for a hat....BOX?

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
You can lead a fool to money, but you can't make him think!

Oh, and did you notice that the inside of the box is devoid of the requisite piece that seats the hat? Gotta wonder...

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Hey, I've got one just like that, but with the hat rest...I should put it up and make some dough! After all, I did get it for free...

NAH.

DocBob345

Familiar Face
Interesting

This is very interesting, as I had been curious about the prices for plain old hat boxes. Any suggestions as to where a gent might locate some? I have more hats than boxes.

Best,
Robert

DocBob345

Familiar Face
Great!

Thanks, BK!

I find myself zipping through IN on occassion, beside the fact that I'm never objectionable to a road trip. Might you be able to tell me the name of this place? They don't have a website or anthing, do they?

Best,
Robert

canucklehead

New in Town
Hm.

I paid slightly more than 26 bucks (shipping included) for a box like that...

...with a hat inside it. Which, by the way, should be arriving today. Hooray!

Didn't realize how common those boxes were, but now I know not to trust something like this.

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
huh?

Rick, calling a hat box selling for $26 "absolutly insane & unfathomable" is a bit overboard, don't you think?

This is just like those silly "$150 for a mint, never worn before, Stetson Whippet!!! Has the world gone MAD?!?!?!!!" threads.

Joel

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Agreed

Joel Tunnah said:
Rick, calling a hat box selling for $26 "absolutly insane & unfathomable" is a bit overboard, don't you think?

This is just like those silly "$150 for a mint, never worn before, Stetson Whippet!!! Has the world gone MAD?!?!?!!!" threads.

Joel
"absolutely insane & unfathomable" may well be a bit of hyperbole for effect, but honestly, I am with canucklehead, i.e.- for twenty six bucks, howzabout a hat in the box too..

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is simply why items get elevated in price in every category. A few jamokes pump up the price and idiots pay. Then a standard is set and we're off and running. It's far worse with old cars. One guy spends 8 years restoring a 54 Chevy to factory new condition with every nut and bolt era correct that sells for $35,000 and some yahoo who has a rough 54 with a paint job obviously applied by Stevie Wonder expects to get $12,000 for his when I can find then all day for $5-6,000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran