Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Untiled Stuff in you Pockets Thread

Mycroft

One Too Many
What kind of stuff (especially Golden Era) stuff do you all carry around in your pockets?

Me,when I have on my suit I have my repro cigarrtee case for cards, a silver-plate jotter from the tweneties (I think) and a pocket watch.

Normally, I have two hankerchifs, a foutain pen(disposable) or roller ball, a "magic wallet" from J-Crew, a money clip, phone, my rescue inhaler, keys, sometimes a knife or swiss card.

Do you guys have any common stuff in your pockets?
I mean my jotter and maybe my foutain pens (disposable)

Does anyone recomend a basic, nice, kinda beginers foutain pen (around $10-$50)?

What about decent lighters and cigarette cases (I don't smoke though)?

How about stock broker's pens or pencils, any recomedations?

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Wow, How many pockets do you have?!

On any given day I usually have a hankerchief, pocketknife, zippo, keys, wallet and I try to carry about $1 in change.

If I'm wearing a suit, I'll carry a hankerchief, a pen, keys, pocketwatch and I sometimes carry a money clip instead of my wallet.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I have 3 silver walking liberty half dollars, a poker chip, a sharpie marker, a dollars worth of change (an idea I got here from the lounge) and my car keys. I recently read that carrying small tissues is better than a handkerchief, so I may add that to my load of stuff.

Chad

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I carry two handkerchiefs, but one is my display handkerchief, so it's in the breast pocket. A pen (I never go anywhere without my pen!), wallet, keys, cell phone, clip-on sunglasses, and a bunch of peppermints to calm my stomach.

Brad

Thunderbolt

One of the Regulars
Mycroft said:
Does anyone recomend a basic, nice, kinda beginers foutain pen (around $10-$50)?

I recomend an entry level Parker...ooh I forgot the name of it. It looks just like a Parker Rollerball with the cap on. It cost me $7.00 at the BX so maybe $8-9 at some off base store. It is made in Britain and takes disposable ink cartriges. The outside of the pen is skinny, and looks like a ball point pen. One can only tell when the cap is taken off. The pen comes in three colors (that I know of) Red, Navy Blue, and Black. The tip is one color, a stainless steel look. The barel is like bushed steel. The ink it comes with is blue, but all the replacement ink comes in black (that I've seen). When switching from blue to black, the pen writes in a dark blue, then gets darker and darker until black. It's fun!!
My second recomendation is a Waterman. I'm not sure how much it costs as it was a gift. The barel is black plastic. They are made in France and they take both disposable and non desposable ink cartriges. I never get the disposables. I just keep using the non desposable and a bottle of ink. It is a clear plastic tube with a stopper inside that draws the ink in with a screwing action. Basicly, it works like a syringe but you screw the stopper back and not pull it. I've seen these pens come in black, a marble blue, and a marble green. There may be more colors, but I don't know. The tip is a two tone gold and silver color (not real).They come in a jewlery box but the exterior of the box is paper simulating leather or vinyl(sp) with a blue color.

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
Daily I carry keys, Money Clip, Zippo Lighter Engraved, Inhailer, Knife (MIA after a night in a hotel mixing drinks), Wallet (mostly for my long chains) and Cell Phone

When I am dressed up to go out it is the same but may include, Ciggerettteeee Case, Hankerchief, Pocket Watch if I find a replacement, pens, cigars, comb, and any other random thing I may need

Mycroft

One Too Many
PrettyBigGuy: I have usally 5 pockets, I am a self-proclamed master of packing my pockets well and I pre-pack them before I put my pants on.

Chad: Where did you get the idea for the dollar in change in the Lounge? Also, what magic supplies do you carry, when you are working?

Brad Bowers: How well do the peppermints work for your stomach, becauce I know ginger does too?

Thunderbolt: Can you send me a link for the pen?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Mycroft,

Peppermints work great. The volatile oil in peppermints (menthol) works to soothe a nauseated stomach. One big drawback is that the mints also relax the esophageal sphincter, which can allow acid to travel from your stomach up your esophagus, so if you suffer from acid reflux, it's probably not a good idea to suck on a lot of peppermints like I do. Didn't know that about ginger; interesting!

I should have stated that the pockets I was referring to in my earlier post were my suit pockets. Nothing in the pants pockets, excepts maybe receipts.

Brad

Mycroft

One Too Many
Brad Bowers said:
Mycroft,

Peppermints work great. The volatile oil in peppermints (menthol) works to soothe a nauseated stomach. One big drawback is that the mints also relax the esophageal sphincter, which can allow acid to travel from your stomach up your esophagus, so if you suffer from acid reflux, it's probably not a good idea to suck on a lot of peppermints like I do. Didn't know that about ginger; interesting!

I should have stated that the pockets I was referring to in my earlier post were my suit pockets. Nothing in the pants pockets, excepts maybe receipts.

Brad

Yea, I drink a glass of ginger ale before I have or during a big meal, it helps a bit. Oh, it doesn't what pockets it is what is in them and how you use the contents ;) Got to try the peppermint thing.

D

Deleted member 259

- Vintage 40's Cigarette Case for my cards & money
- Zippo
- A pack of Nat Sherman Black&Golds
- Keys
-Cell Phone

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Interesting question. I don't carry anything specific to the golden era.

My left front pocket has change. My right front has a small comb, a guitar pick and Listerine mint sheets.....or whatever they are called.

My back pocket has my wallet.

I put my PDA/phone in my breast pocket when out of the office or home.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
My pockets are almost always full of stuff. This carries over from when I was a kid, usually they had Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars in them. I don't feel right if there isn't some weight in my pockets, for some reason...I feel unprepared, raw.

In my pants, I have two sets of keys in my left front pocket, one for the office, one for everything else, from my car, house and p.o. box to my WWII Jeppesen flight case. My left front pocket carries my new Evans lighter (which replaced one of several Zippos) and my Benchmade 710S folder(clipped in, of course). My back pockets contain on the right, my wallet and a comb, and on the left, until this week, a second wallet that carried index cards, a miniature address book, a pen, business cards and other assorted items...this served as a notebook, contact manager, and a quick source for a writing instrument. That's been replaced, uncharacteristically, by a Handspring treo 90, which now manages my schedule, address book, and even carries a whole King James bible. I'm very anti-tech, but the choice was obvious in this case...the treo was free, since my boss phased it out in favor for a new one that has a cell phone built in. I keep saying I'll get a cell phone when they're integrated into something like Dick Tracy had...I personally think cell phones are a societal blight.

My A-2 jackets both have walking liberty half dollars in one pocket, one dated '41, the other '42. I swap the silk escape maps of France & Spain and the D-4 computer between the two jackets, and my sterling Frank Lloyd Wright calling card case usually ends up in one of my jacket pockets, as well.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Mycroft said:
PrettyBigGuy: I have usally 5 pockets, I am a self-proclamed master of packing my pockets well and I pre-pack them before I put my pants on.

Chad: Where did you get the idea for the dollar in change in the Lounge? Also, what magic supplies do you carry, when you are working?

Brad Bowers: How well do the peppermints work for your stomach, becauce I know ginger does too?

Thunderbolt: Can you send me a link for the pen?

I am not sure what thread it was on, but I am most certain I read here, that a gentleman should always have a dollar in change at the ready.
As for my magic supplies, it depends on what I feel like performing. Usually I only carry a deck of cards, and my sharpie and 3 coins as listed previously. Everything else I borrow. From dollar bills to spoons!

Chad

Mycroft

One Too Many
Chad Sanborn said:
I am not sure what thread it was on, but I am most certain I read here, that a gentleman should always have a dollar in change at the ready.
As for my magic supplies, it depends on what I feel like performing. Usually I only carry a deck of cards, and my sharpie and 3 coins as listed previously. Everything else I borrow. From dollar bills to spoons!

Chad

Nice, I used to carry cards not for magic though, mostly playing at lunch break or throwing at supper-villians or office mates.

The Wingnut said:
My pockets are almost always full of stuff. This carries over from when I was a kid, usually they had Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars in them. I don't feel right if there isn't some weight in my pockets, for some reason...I feel unprepared, raw.

In my pants, I have two sets of keys in my left front pocket, one for the office, one for everything else, from my car, house and p.o. box to my WWII Jeppesen flight case. My left front pocket carries my new Evans lighter (which replaced one of several Zippos) and my Benchmade 710S folder(clipped in, of course). My back pockets contain on the right, my wallet and a comb, and on the left, until this week, a second wallet that carried index cards, a miniature address book, a pen, business cards and other assorted items...this served as a notebook, contact manager, and a quick source for a writing instrument. That's been replaced, uncharacteristically, by a Handspring treo 90, which now manages my schedule, address book, and even carries a whole King James bible. I'm very anti-tech, but the choice was obvious in this case...the treo was free, since my boss phased it out in favor for a new one that has a cell phone built in. I keep saying I'll get a cell phone when they're integrated into something like Dick Tracy had...I personally think cell phones are a societal blight.

My A-2 jackets both have walking liberty half dollars in one pocket, one dated '41, the other '42. I swap the silk escape maps of France & Spain and the D-4 computer between the two jackets, and my sterling Frank Lloyd Wright calling card case usually ends up in one of my jacket pockets, as well.

Geez man! You have more stuff on you than Captain Caveman in those old cartoons! Next time we meet I am going to have to check out how much stuff you really do carry. I mean I carry keys for three of my houses and sometimes keys for a few cars but that is when I know I am going to need them. :p
Today I have my wallet, keys, Sentinel Click pocketwatch and a pen somewhere. I can't figure out how people store so much stuff int heir pockets. My pants would nearly fall down or wear out my suspenders. ;) :p

Regards to all,

J

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I've got a GOOD belt. You've seen it. 2" wide, harness leather, huge pewter eagle head belt buckle. Keeps everything up neatly. ;)

Swiss army knives have nothing on me.

Mycroft

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Geez man! You have more stuff on you than Captain Caveman in those old cartoons! Next time we meet I am going to have to check out how much stuff you really do carry. I mean I carry keys for three of my houses and sometimes keys for a few cars but that is when I know I am going to need them. :p
Today I have my wallet, keys, Sentinel Click pocketwatch and a pen somewhere. I can't figure out how people store so much stuff int heir pockets. My pants would nearly fall down or wear out my suspenders. ;) :p

Regards to all,

J

What does your watch look like and do you have a chain or fob on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo