Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Venting about Todd's Costumes (Indy Jackets)

Doug C

Practically Family
I posted a thread several months back regarding Todd's bantu wind jackets. I was torn between ordering a L or an XL in these particular jackets because my experience with his other jackets have taught me that his stated sizing is not accurate (I've had more than a couple). Anyway I was trying to figure out if that had been corrected with the Bantu Wind jackets - despite their other imperfections (which I'm willing to accept). Anyway I never really cleared this up and so I held off ordering until now. So I visited the Todd's site for the first time in about 6 months and noticed that it had changed in appearance and that they are not showing a "Bantu Wind" jacket any longer. But they are offering two different jackets in the clearance section with matching descriptions to what the Bantu Winds were. However according to the site only L is available :( (I was going to get XL wouldn't you know). I did an image search on google and found a link to an ebay auction for these jackets that includes XL, it say's 8 are available. but there's no place to order - like this page is expired (though it doesn't say so). Here's the page: http://cgi.ebay.com/Indiana-Jones-Style-Bantu-Wind-Leather-Jacket-/250830385320#ht_943wt_1398 . So I just called Todd's and was basically told he (I assume it was Mr. Coyles) can't check stock even though I was on the line. I got the feeling he just didn't want to, to be honest. He told me to check the website, which i already had and which is new and incomplete as far as I can tell. I thought customer service would be better, maybe I should have mentioned to him that I paid him $500 for one of his customs in the past and at least one of his standards. Anyone got a Bantu Wind in XL they want to part with?

Doug C

Practically Family
(not finished venting, sorry :eusa_doh:) ..not to mention that the L clearance jackets that are now on his site (w/ the old Bantu Wind description and inconsistancies) are marked at $130 while the Bantu Wind ones were like $80 to move them (because of the loose thread and general second quality status). BTW, an L may fit me, I'm still not sure - so it would be very helpful if someone with a L could post accurate measurements. Thanks for listening.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
The ebay listing has expired. I clicked on the "see other items" link for current sales. I also checked out the real website, and I was not impressed. The quality seemed at or less than what you'd expect for a $200 retail jacket. PASS.

Doug C

Practically Family
Yea - not long ago those were going for $150. But part of my interest in the 'Bantu Wind' jackets were/are their cheaper price.

Doug C

Practically Family
BTW - the standard jackets on ebay from todd's are marked @ 219.95 plus $15 shipping while these same jackets are $200 on the website. Just a heads up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24