Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage boys' haircuts

CDSherwood

New in Town
My older boy (6) desperately needed a haircut today and that got me to thinking about boys' vintage styles. I cut his hair going from memories of my husband's uncles' childhood pictures, and from the film Pierrepoint and it looks ok. I just wish I had a better picture to look at, or to hand to a stylist at the salon. I think it's a nice look for him, since when it goes longer, it gets unruly, like Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors. :) On a side note, It'd go great with his glasses, too. He asked for black wayfarers because he wanted to "look just like Adam in Mythbusters",so I had them put his precription in the frames and he looks beyond adorable in them.

Thanks. :)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
In dear old blighty for a classic vintage style cut for kids, it's the classic pudding bowl haircut, no stylist needed, just a large tupperware bowl and a sharp pair of scissors!. Actually my son used to have the classic short back and sides at the barbers when he was about that age, long-ish on top, with tapered sides and back, side parting, very cute, like a WW11 evacuee, all he was missing was the gas mask and the knitted fairisle jersey (I tried, alas in vain, but no go)!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Styles.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
CDSherwood said:
My older boy (6) desperately needed a haircut today and that got me to thinking about boys' vintage styles. I cut his hair going from memories of my husband's uncles' childhood pictures, and from the film Pierrepoint and it looks ok. I just wish I had a better picture to look at, or to hand to a stylist at the salon. I think it's a nice look for him, since when it goes longer, it gets unruly, like Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors. :) On a side note, It'd go great with his glasses, too. He asked for black wayfarers because he wanted to "look just like Adam in Mythbusters",so I had them put his precription in the frames and he looks beyond adorable in them.

Thanks. :)
I would try taking him to an old school barber shop and showing or telling them what you want. Barbershops are usually cheaper than salons and many are walkin only business so you probably won't need an appointment or you could call or ask before you go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy