Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Eyeglasses

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Great lead, Scott...

Here are my favorites...

AFB00100.jpg

Panto%2014K.jpg

AFB00700.jpg

round14kacetate.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Those frames look good on you scotrate.

I like these but am unsure how they would look on me. My eyeglass style lean toward the rimless becuase most frames feel too heavy on my nose. The bridge of my nose is squareish while the eyeglass rests are round. It is a "square peg in a round hole" situation.
Zemke Fan said:
I need to find a similar style in a local shop and try them on.

Welcome to the Lounge earp! I look forward to reading about your radio and victrola collection.

Earp

One of the Regulars
Thanks.

Thank you very much for the replies so far. Scotrace, what style of BC glasses are those in your avatar? They look like the size and general shape I was hoping to find. Also, I like how they don't have heavy rims.
--Wyatt--

The easiest way to get vintage looking frames is to get real vintage frames. Go on eBay and they have tons for almost nothing. I bought a lot of 8 so I even have spare parts. :p Take the frame to your opthomologist and you can have your prescription made. Easy.
I had a pair of sunglasses and a pair of regular glasses made.
You really can't find octagonal rimless glasses.

Regards,

J

Micawber

A-List Customer
scotrace said:
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Berkshire Chase makes some great stuff.

I can personally recommend the Savile Row frames which are in fact made by Algha over here in the UK. I have both new and vintage pairs by them, some of their designs are unchanged from the 20's and 30's. Granted they are expensive new but can sometimes be had used off Ebay. I sometimes have sinus trouble and find the padless ones create much less pressure across my nose. I'm also a convert to wire curl sides too as they hold the specs in place so much better than the more conventional modern type.

People in the UK might also be interested in Retrospecs a company both I and my family have used for years.

Achille

Familiar Face
old style glasses frame

Hello,
I'm looking old style frame to adapt my lenses on : thin metal branches, round eyes, etc.
Any idea where I could find this.

Thanks

J.M.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Glasses opinions

After losing my current pair (yes folks, I'm typing blind), I'm starting the search for a new pair of glasses.

Here's an opption I found. I can get them (frames and prescription lenses) for under 25 bucks, so it's not like I lose much if they turn out to not be perfect.

I'm thinking clear frames, and get a second pair with green sunglass lenses.

d_2190.jpg

What do you all think of these?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner