Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Outerwear: Threads of the Past

jeo

One Too Many
Star Glove photo dump

80821798_o1.jpg
80821798_o3.jpg
80821798_o6.jpg
133093461.jpg
133093461_o14.jpg
133093461_o1.jpg
170724420.gif
170724420_o1.gif
170724420_o9.gif

170724420_o8.gif

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I'll take the 1st one please...this thread is replacing "the Books". thanks for posting this gallery of greats.

It is hard for me to look past the 1st jacket. Jackets like this are discoveries for me. I'm not the hunter I use to be. I'm glad there are well eyed hunters out there.

Reactions: jeo

jeo

One Too Many
I'll take the 1st one please...this thread is replacing "the Books". thanks for posting this gallery of greats.

It is hard for me to look past the 1st jacket. Jackets like this are discoveries for me. I'm not the hunter I use to be. I'm glad there are well eyed hunters out there.

It was listed in Japan for like $4500 and it eventually sold.

I posted it a while ago. You’ve actually seen it before and commented :)

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Another omg for the day! Yep, a Roughwear.

I've ordered 2 factory new jackets. The first was a Lost Worlds Test. I had no idea what a Test was, but I liked the pictures he had of the original. It is the same jacket. That Grommet zipper is pre-war.

My Test, he called High Test, 4+ ounces, I had little idea what it all meant. I think I will get it off the hanger. It hasn't been worn much.

Another great discovery. Labels tell so much.

jeo

One Too Many
Another omg for the day! Yep, a Roughwear.

I've ordered 2 factory new jackets. The first was a Lost Worlds Test. I had no idea what a Test was, but I liked the pictures he had of the original. It is the same jacket. That Grommet zipper is pre-war.

My Test, he called High Test, 4+ ounces, I had little idea what it all meant. I think I will get it off the hanger. It hasn't been worn much.

Another great discovery. Labels tell so much.

Stu describes his Test as a reproduction of a scarce jacket made from the dreadnought hides. Well now we know why he said that. As you very well know Rough Wear had some of the thickest leather of their day.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I posted it a while ago. You’ve actually seen it before and commented :)

I think you pointed out another memory issue! At least I'm consistent!

Stu describes his Test as a reproduction of a scarce jacket made from the dreadnought hides. Well now we know why he said that. As you very well know Rough Wear had some of the thickest leather of their day.

I recall his original looked rather light weight. It did not seem to match what I received, I noticed, but just thought he over built the jacket. I do notice the heft of this Rough Wear Test.

tomorrow, as a follow up I will post a couple of jackets for comment/comparison.. One is a Roughwear half-belt and the other an unlabeled police jacket from 1940., with the look of a Star? You all tell me.

jeo

One Too Many
Do the Spiegel/Alden jackets look like any of the East Coast makers, like Wolfe, etc?

They do not look like Edgo/Wolf at all but they do look like Rich Sher.

IMG_6427.jpeg
IMG_6428.jpeg

High coin pocket, buckle, back design and the quality of the leather.

Other details are different.

This Rich Sher has what looks like a collar that’s more in line with the Spiegel/Alden.

IMG_6410.jpeg

My money would be on Rich Sher.

Yamahana

One Too Many
This unlabeled half belt landed on my door step yesterday. Poor seller pics and communication, shoulders looked iffy but took a chance and it’s better than I expected.
IMG_8619.jpeg
IMG_8622.jpeg

What’s left of United Garment Workers tag.
IMG_8623.jpeg

Snap pocket
IMG_8624.jpeg

@Marc mndt pointed out the similarity of the wrist strap stitching and buckles to his Albert Richard
IMG_8627.jpeg
IMG_8626.jpeg

With a little clean up and conditioning I believe she’ll be a dandy and can dance just fine:cool:

jeo

One Too Many
This unlabeled half belt landed on my door step yesterday. Poor seller pics and communication, shoulders looked iffy but took a chance and it’s better than I expected.
View attachment 589433 View attachment 589434

What’s left of United Garment Workers tag.
View attachment 589435
Snap pocket
View attachment 589436
@Marc mndt pointed out the similarity of the wrist strap stitching and buckles to his Albert Richard
View attachment 589437 View attachment 589438
With a little clean up and conditioning I believe she’ll be a dandy and can dance just fine:cool:

Here’s another Albert Richard with that triangular stitch at the cuff strap.

IMG_6431.jpeg

Here’s one that was on eBay forever. Now on YAJ. Has the same union ticket.

IMG_6432.jpeg

Glad you got it. It’s beautiful, congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner