Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage short wool jackets

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
nice wool and leather combo:

s-l1600.jpg

Nacho

Practically Family
Do you guys know anything about the ACME brand? Is it really a vintage brand or a Japanese repro? Mind you, I have limited knowledge on repro stuff because I'm not into them much. The reason I ask is because I've got this wool work jacket with that label. And I can't find anything about this brand online besides the fact that it was a fictional corp from the Road Runner animation lolol.

tempImageiChBDp.jpg

tempImagexvtC7D.jpg

tempImage5J5FC0.jpg

tempImage75Xx4E.jpg

The jacket has a Talon sunburst zipper with a 40s slider. At the bottom, it reads A-2 which I believe to be January 1942. But the thing is that the zipper looks very clean. There was no verdigris when I got this jacket. And this thing slides smooth as hell, like a baby's ass lolol.

So either I'm extremely lucky or I've just got myself a repro lololol. I know that the Japanese do make repro zippers. But I might be wrong. Again, I don't know much about repro stuff. Any input is highly appreciated.

tempImageCo12J2.jpg

tempImagev6xwRf.jpg

tempImagepFdbxl.jpg

Attachments

• tempImageLjmNgg.jpg
    tempImageLjmNgg.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Do you guys know anything about the ACME brand? Is it really a vintage brand or a Japanese repro? Mind you, I have limited knowledge on repro stuff because I'm not into them much. The reason I ask is because I've got this wool work jacket with that label. And I can't find anything about this brand online besides the fact that it was a fictional corp from the Road Runner animation lolol.

View attachment 561964
View attachment 561965
View attachment 561966
View attachment 561968

The jacket has a Talon sunburst zipper with a 40s slider. At the bottom, it reads A-2 which I believe to be January 1942. But the thing is that the zipper looks very clean. There was no verdigris when I got this jacket. And this thing slides smooth as hell, like a baby's ass lolol.

So either I'm extremely lucky or I've just got myself a repro lololol. I know that the Japanese do make repro zippers. But I might be wrong. Again, I don't know much about repro stuff. Any input is highly appreciated.

View attachment 561969
View attachment 561970
View attachment 561971
All the years I've been here I have never read this thread, omg! Did not know this existed. I recognize many of the names here, mostly gone from current ranks.

I've got a few to add to this thread and much to learn.

This is an original Zipper from 1942. I doubt anyone would put the date code on a reproduction. Triple marked, pull, slider, stop.

I would conclude an original, very nice find! Does it fit you or me?

Nacho

Practically Family
All the years I've been here I have never read this thread, omg! Did not know this existed. I recognize many of the names here, mostly gone from current ranks.

I've got a few to add to this thread and much to learn.

This forum is full of hidden gems, Terry. Too bad that its search engine doesn’t do a good job of indexing all the threads even before the recent infamous slow down. So I always rely on Google for my research. I usually put “(your keyword) site: www.thefedoralounge.com”. Whole bunch of awesome stuff show up.

I hope Spencer would be back here. He's truly a vintage encyclopedia.

This is an original Zipper from 1942. I doubt anyone would put the date code on a reproduction. Triple marked, pull, slider, stop.

I would conclude an original, very nice find! Does it fit you or me?

Thanks, Terry.

The jacket’s condition is excellent with only a few fading spots. That zipper is dreamy though. Looks almost brand new. Man, I couldn’t even believe it.

It’s borderline between 38 and 40 so it fits me :cool:. Cool, medium weight and warm. I wore it all day yesterday running errands and such. Turned a few heads along the way. A nice change from the leathers and denims. I blame you for this new obsession, Terry lololol.

Still gotta get myself a plaid wool sports jacket however.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
My wool obsession is overtaking a leather jacket obsession. I bought another yesterday and maybe today, waiting on acceptance of my offer. I made the offer after seeing several of the same brand listed in this thread.

I wore one of mine yesterday evening. Much warmer and more practical than leather is certain conditions.

Wear it in the house and it becomes like a sweater, just leave it one. The short wools don't ride up in the car seat.

They also look great with all the color patterns!

I have a significant collection of jackets and of pics. I will start posting some in this thread.

Yes, I find using google search more effective than the lounge search function.

Nacho

Practically Family
My wool obsession is overtaking a leather jacket obsession. I bought another yesterday and maybe today, waiting on acceptance of my offer. I made the offer after seeing several of the same brand listed in this thread.

I wore one of mine yesterday evening. Much warmer and more practical than leather is certain conditions.

Wear it in the house and it becomes like a sweater, just leave it one. The short wools don't ride up in the car seat.

They also look great with all the color patterns!

I have a significant collection of jackets and of pics. I will start posting some in this thread.

Yes, I find using google search more effective than the lounge search function.

Yes, you don't even notice that you have it on although I'd wear a long sleeve shirt underneath. I still don't like the itchiness from the wool if you just wear a short sleeve shirt.

These short woolies I'm telling you. The length is perfect for me. Mine ends right at the middle of the belt. Has a structured shoulders and drapes nicely along the back.

Perfecto, Terry! Perfecto!

Please do when you have the chance. These woolies have as many styles and designs as the leathers. The colour patterns are what sold me as well lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay