Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: vintage 7 5/8 PLEASE!!!

A.R. McVintage

airforceindy said:
OK, first milestone, right? 15 posts, on my way to 30 fifillion-gagillion... whatever:rolleyes:

Did somebody here pick up that Dobbs Hunter Mt. today on eBay? I got cut out of in the last 5 seconds by $.99:rage: Oh, well, maybe next time.

Regards, Andy

Saw it, but I didn't want it. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I just don't want a camel hat that much. I'm much more of a staples kind of guy, wanting a grey, charcoal, black, brown, etc. Oh, and a paler green since some small-headed guy paraded his Willow Green Whippet around.

Spellflower

Practically Family
Thanks for the advice, Feltfan! And the very helpful set of links. Nice work!:eusa_clap

Until I find a stretcher, I guess I'll have to try the cheap fix- a haircut!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Spellflower said:
Thanks for the advice, Feltfan! And the very helpful set of links. Nice work!:eusa_clap

Until I find a stretcher, I guess I'll have to try the cheap fix- a haircut!
Or you could do what I did --- go bald. But, then again, I didn't have a choice!

Spellflower

Practically Family
Who knows what the genes have in store! Maybe I'll be lucky too! Just in case, I've taken the preemptive measure of adopting a haircut which will still look good if I do lose some of my hair regeneration capacity. No comb-over for me, thanks.

When I was in highschool, I had hair to my waist, and my grandmother hated it. Ironically, now that I have a haircut that would pass muster in the Marine Corps, she complains that it's too short!

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
It seems that big-headedness is a broadly spread affliction:eusa_doh: Thank you to all who have posted thus far; it makes me feel welcome:eek:

Regards, Andy

BrianDewey

New in Town
Airforceindy,

I don't have enough posts to PM... but I might be able to help you. I have a vintage Stetson Whippet, 7 5/8, light grey. I don't wear it enough to justify the space (I guess I'm more of an Akubra man), and I'm worried that one of my cats will eventually use it for a bed (!).

I'd do ebay, but I'd be happier if this goes to a member of this community. (I've been lurking here for a long time.) And you're the first who asked! You can contact me at b d e w e y AT g m a i l DOT c o m if you're still in the market, and we can work out a fair price.

--Brian

Dr Trinidad

One of the Regulars
As long as we are talking about big heads I would appreciate it if you guys could keep your eyes open for a decent fedora in size 7 5/8 and in black. I am hoping for something with a wide brim. I just bought a black leather trench coat and now need a black hat to go with it. so if you see anything please give me a holler.
Thanks
Doc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats