• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Weather Report from our Texas Friends

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Bob Roberts, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Seriously. How're you all doin...?

tweedydon, M Hatman and FedOregon like this.
  2. DougC

DougC Practically Family

North San Antonio has off and on rain and winds. A friend in Austin reports rain and not much else. So far, not as bad as Celia when I was 5 or Alicia when I was 18--or other named storms over my 51 years! But, Port Aransas and Rockport were both hits hard. My parents in Conroe (north of Houston) got lots of rain. Friends in Sienna Plantation (Fort Bend County?) report some damage, but, they are fine! That covers about 1000 miles. Thanks for asking! Prayers and best wished for the future for all the Texans and anyone else affected by Harvey!

A-1, srq2002, FedOregon and 6 others like this.
  3. Amen brother.

M Hatman, FedOregon, -30- and 3 others like this.
  4. +1 Thinking about folks all last night. Glad all is well.

5. And in DFW area it sucked down some air form the NW and made it felt weather. Small chances of rain but much cooler.

-30-, Bamaboots, Kirk H. and 2 others like this.
  6. And now...?

7. rclark

rclark One Too Many

A decent amount of rain in central Texas but fortunate to have missed the deadly floods. The images from the Houston area are heartbreaking....

tweedydon, FedOregon, -30- and 5 others like this.
  8. That's good. Glad to hear it. It's supposed to get worse in Houston I believe.

FedOregon likes this.
  9. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

The rain accumulation across the coast is nearly unimaginable!

10. DougC

DougC Practically Family

Houston got slammed. The water continues to rise. My old subdivision in Conroe has been evacuated. The water is coming out of Lake Conroe and being released at a very high rate and headed down the San Jacinto river. Most of the areas south of the lake are evacuated in Conroe. My cousin in Cypress reports LOTS of water! A college friend in the southwest of great Houston has been evacuated. The news reports are pretty good regarding Houston. Rockport was hit hard and the pictures from Port Aransas are pretty rough. San Antonio had sun today in the afternoon.

11. Yesterday, my father-in-law and I got our raft and kayak and went out to assist whatever people in need that we could find. I'll spare you all the details, but here are some pics I took as we floated down the middle of the streets in Katy, TX. Even our local fire station was flooded. NOAA said there's been something like 40 TRILLION gallons of rainfall already. It's bad all around Houston.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Awful.

13. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

+1,thanks for the pics.

tweedydon and -30- like this.
  14. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thanks for posting on this, tf. Take care of yourself and family.

tweedydon, Touchofevil and -30- like this.
  15. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

I got a report last night on a cousin who lives on some acreage outside of Conroe. Their house is high & dry so far but they can't get in or out. Surrounded by water, their swimming pool is under water. And something about the septic tank; maybe some brown trout got out? I can't remember.

Bamaboots, KarlCrow and Bob Roberts like this.
  16. Farm raised stocked trout.

Kirk H., -30-, KarlCrow and 1 other person like this.
  17. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

Fake Weather

[​IMG]

18. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

I'm more than a little concerned about there being some truth in this.

19. Wow, stay safe in your valiant efforts friend.

tweedydon and Bob Roberts like this.
  20. My brother lives in Houston about two miles east of Addicks Dam, which is full and expected to overflow. So far no water in his house. My mother and sister sold the family home, which is about two miles south of the dam and in the flood plain of the outflow locks, and moved out of Houston in May. No word on how the old neighborhood is doing.

At the outflow locks of Addicks Dam in late December 2013, in drier times.
    IMG_3577.jpg

Today. The red dot indicates where I'm standing in the photo above.
    170829-addicks-resevoir-houston-njs-226p_c3c81fe256cadfed6b36c4cc59617285.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg