Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WESTERN KNOX TWENTY?

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
Anyone know when Knox made a Twenty with a western style to it? By Western I mean it has a series of threaded holes around the edge with matching band. It has brown sweatband with gold KNOX TWENTY logo and seller name of Mullen & Bluett LOS ANGELES. The liner is white with gold logo. Hat size label is brown and says OVALIZED, TRADEMARK and the size. P310B and price of $20.00 on the inside tag under sweatband. The hat looks UNWORN...but it does have some moth nips. I should mention that it has the pinch style of a regular fedora. And it's VERY smooth...like sued almost.

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
DSC_2983.jpg

DSC_2984-1.jpg

DSC_2985-1.jpg

DSC_2986-1.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That's not a western, it's a '40s casual fedora, in a style that was relatively popular for a couple of years. The suede finish seemed to go with the style, I've had four of this style, and three of them had a suede finish.

Flip the brim down all the way around, give it a light steam from the top of the brim, smoothing dents with your fingers. Set it on the crown to cool and dry. Once it's done, flip the brim back up all the way around, and it should be back to normal, snapping like it should.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs had a very similar style called the "Gay Prince" as did Stetson, all from the 1940s. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of my Stetson.

btw, that's a very fine example. All the ones I've seen in that style have been moth eaten.

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
wow...what a name...

anyway...unfortunately the hat does have a few nips in it...right on the top center of the crown..and a few on each side of the rear brim

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Powerhouse said:
wow...what a name...

anyway...unfortunately the hat does have a few nips in it...right on the top center of the crown..and a few on each side of the rear brim

Indeed. How times have changed...

Seems those bites shouldn't be too visible. The extremely soft felt of these hats must have been favorites of moths.

Here's mine:
1940sStetsonGayPrinceclone.jpg

Enjoy your hat! It's a great and unique style.

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
tell ya about the avatar...OK...

That's me at my first 4th of July Celebration as a Southern Californian. My great friend holds a swell party for the 4th and this time I was able to drive my 39 Roadking there. There was at least a dozen Vintage Autos there...not including the host's own collection. Last year I had to fly in from NY...so this year was a treat. Allthough, the year before I was presented with a piece of Hollywood history, Betty Hutton's Personal favorite Bed stand foto in it's frame..as she had it in her bedroom. I never got to meet Mrs. Hutton unfortunately due to her passing just before I had a good chance to meet her. SO my pal got me that special piece from Betty's personal caretaker. Yep, he's a great pal indeed.

So I hope ya meant the avatar...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo