Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Haversack

One Too Many
The soundtrack to _Oh What a Lovely War!_.

Haversack.

"One staff officer jumped right over another staff officer's back.
And another staff officer jumped right over that other staff officer's back,
A third staff officer jumped right over two other staff officers' backs,
And a fourth staff officer jumped right over all the other staff officers' backs.
They were only playing leapfrog,
When one staff officer jumped right over another staff officer's back."

Marq

Familiar Face
At this very moment the Mills brothers with Louis Armstrongs 'Boog it' but i plan next to put on Henry Allens 'Sticks and stones' and 'A love song of long ago' then the Harlem Hamfats then onto Sidney Bechet.All on vinyl ...........Paul

LadyStardust

Practically Family
The absolutely perfect Dick Haymes. What a dream!
malelovies.gif

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
I just heard Amy the other day and am in -love-.....she is stupendous!

six thumbs up!

Indeed! A friend recommended her a bit back, and I'm so pleased he did! She is going to sound even better in Summer weather I think!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I’ve had two albums in heavy rotation lately; Sinatra’s In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning and Devotchka’s Curse Your Little Heart. They could hardly be more different but there you are.

I could listen to the title track of the Sinatra album, I Get Along Without You Very Well and It Never Entered My Mind on a loop forever. I love his swinging stuff too but his voice is so wonderfully vulnerable on this disc (thanks Ava!). I’ve thrown If You Are But A Dream from his Dorsey days in for that swoon factor—heaven, just heaven.

Devotchka is a sort of punky folky band from Denver and I’m currently obsessed with their latest album. Their covers are fabulous. Velvet Underground’s Venus in Furs is just trance inducing, and Siouxsie and the Banshees The Last Beat of My Heart is great too. I really wish they’d tour—I’d be there in a heartbeat.

Sunny

One Too Many
For the last couple weeks, I've been listening to old time radio almost exclusively.

At home - a string of five-part "Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar" stories. The best part of a terrific series. :eusa_clap

At work - "Broadway Is My Beat." I could dismiss this as another police series, but it's a bit more than that. Production-wise, it's extremely high quality, thank you, Elliott Lewis. And Larry Thor is fantastic.

MKL

A-List Customer
Bold Venture today. Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. "... adventure, intrigue, mystery and romance in the sultry settings of tropical Havana and the mysterious islands of the Caribbean."

Very enjoyable.

Sunny

One Too Many
MKL said:
Bold Venture today. Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. "... adventure, intrigue, mystery and romance in the sultry settings of tropical Havana and the mysterious islands of the Caribbean."

Very enjoyable.

Ooh yes, that was what I had on at work several weeks ago. I'm about to start working on a good-quality definitive set; a lot of the copies floating around have volume and/or speed issues. I haven't figured out how to remove static (yet) or improve muddy quality (which I don't think is possible), but I can even out and amplify volume and adjust the speed. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo