Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
I've been listening to Benny Goodman: The Complete RCA VICTOR Small Group Master Takes and The Golden Years of Bing Crosby, (1930's and 40's) all this week.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Erik Satie!
011203mht_prv.gif

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
beaucaillou said:
Ah Jack... it's great, no??

Doesn't disappoint. Ranks low in comparison to his other stuff, but I think it was more of a jam session than a sweat and blood album. I can listen to I Don't Need You to Set Me Free over and over.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Concert For Banglasdesh (1971)

I just bought the DVD package of the The Concert For Bangladesh (1971) and I'm singing all those songs over and over in my head - again! I bought the LP when in came out in 1972 and played in over and over, so I know the whole playlist, but I haven't seen the film since it was in theatres that year.

There is a tremendous amount of energy in that show - no pretentions or upstaging - just a good, sincere feeling. I am amazed at how many of those performers have past on over the past thirty-five years! I remember them like it was just yesterday.

I'm glad I lived through that period; a lot of talent, a lot of passion and some damn fine music!

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters