Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

celtic

A-List Customer
well, right now it's Raspberry Beret by Prince,

hey, at least it's about a hat...;)

MKL

A-List Customer
Sunny said:
Ooh yes, that was what I had on at work several weeks ago. I'm about to start working on a good-quality definitive set; a lot of the copies floating around have volume and/or speed issues. I haven't figured out how to remove static (yet) or improve muddy quality (which I don't think is possible), but I can even out and amplify volume and adjust the speed. :eusa_clap

Hi Sunny,

How many so far you do you have? Of Bold Venture I only have about 30.

Sunny

One Too Many
MKL said:
Hi Sunny,

How many so far you do you have? Of Bold Venture I only have about 30.

I have 29. :) I believe that's just about all that is out there. This page indicates two that I don't have (at the very bottom) but they may be hard to find. What I'm doing now is just coming up with a good listening set, since some of them are kind of hard on the ears. :eek:

Liz

Right now, the only thing I want to listen is a CDR of the complete recordings of Clothilde, a French '60s singer. She recorded two EPs, one Italian 45 and then left the music industry. As far as I know, no-one knows of her whereabouts today. Every single song she recorded is incredible; if you love '60s pop, you will love Clothilde!

270022749313.jpg

Kim_B

Practically Family
AllaboutEve said:
Oh my gosh Kim I haven't heard that for YEARS!! I had a T-shirt of them when I was about 16!!! Bring on the memories!!!

What am I listening to......The Zeppelin of course who else?????:) :)

Hubby and I had the privilege to see Bauhaus in concert over the summer...they put on quite a show! It was great - during "Bela Lugosi's Dead" a terrible thunder storm rolled in. As if Peter Murphy wasn't dramatic enough, the lightning and thunder added so much to the performance!

Jack Straw

New in Town
Billie Holiday
Ella Fitzgerald
Harry James
Glenn Miller
Count Basie
Milton Browne and his Musical Brownies (Western Swing)
Tune Wranglers

I saw that someone mentioned a box set by Proper. I don't have enough good things to say about that company. They have such a wonderful selection. Hard to find music as well. They're Cowboys, Playboys, & Doughboys (the order might be wrong) is just great. They followed it up with Stompin' Singers & Western Swingers. A great collection of when early country fused with Ragtime and Dixie Jazz. Well regarded and recommended!

Lee Lynch

One of the Regulars
I've been listening to Wagner's Ring Of the Nibelungen Opera, and a musical groups called Sequentia singing the Old Norse myths in Old Norse.

RIOT

Practically Family
Was listening to some Johnny Burnette

Currently listening to Sonny Burgess, Hittin' That Jug!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo