Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Dixon Cannon said:
I just bought the DVD package of the The Concert For Bangladesh (1971) and I'm singing all those songs over and over in my head - again! I bought the LP when in came out in 1972 and played in over and over, so I know the whole playlist, but I haven't seen the film since it was in theatres that year.

There is a tremendous amount of energy in that show - no pretentions or upstaging - just a good, sincere feeling. I am amazed at how many of those performers have past on over the past thirty-five years! I remember them like it was just yesterday.

I'm glad I lived through that period; a lot of talent, a lot of passion and some damn fine music!

-dixon cannon

Is the video good?!? The album was awesome, and I'd never even heard they released a video!:(

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dan G said:
Is the video good?!? The album was awesome, and I'd never even heard they released a video!:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_for_Bangladesh

Dan G, it is very good! Considering it is from the early '70's, it is perhaps some of the finest concert footage ever recorded (in league with 'The Last Waltz' and McCartney's more recent stuff!) It's been out on DVD for a couple of years and probably rentable just around the corner from you. I found mine at Costco for under twenty bucks!

Awesome! You'll be awestruck! :eusa_clap

-dixon cannon

P.S. If you like this one, go out and get the 'Cream' reunion DVD, recorded at Royal Albert Hall. Awesome, indeed!

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
What are you listening to right now?

With internet radio, computers that play music, Ipods, and boom boxes, I always have music going at home and at work.

So what are you listening to right now?

I'm spinning a CD of a live radio broadcast from April 1936 of Glen Gray and his Casa Loma Orchestra, high atop New York City, in the Rainbow Room at Rockefeller Center. Swanky!

J.B.

Practically Family
scotrace said:
Tinnitus. :(

emogrinningroflgg5.gif

Rafter

Suspended
Dan G said:
Bad Company.
Alright!! Bad Company.....Paul Rogers!!...the greatest Rock singer ever,
.... have "Desolation Angels" and "Straight Shooter" on my iPod!!
that's one group that "I Can't Get Enough" of......for you seniors out there that was their very first mega-hit from '74.

d6606289532.jpg

Bart

Familiar Face
Free Music Downloads

This has probably been discussed before, but is there a truly LEGAL and FREE source to download music? I'm interested in some classical and some of the older time music such as Ella Fitzgerald sings Cole Porter and other classics. I know there's been a lot of controversy in the recent past, which I didn't pay much attention to. Thanks for any info you can give me.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Right now I'm rocking out to "Funeral for Yesterday" by Kittie. It's bringing me back to 7th grade when I bought their first album and thought I was so cool for listening to metal. I love them still though!

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Blue Oyster Cult. The album is Heaven Forbid. The album cover is really strange... Some of the songs are pretty strange to, but they're good tunes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany