Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you snacking on?

This crisis is getting very serious. Despite rain this morning. I did a hard perimeter search and found no orange marshmallow pumpkins. Adding to my concern, many of the other Russell Stover varieties are in, but I can't bring myself to have them as I always kick off the season with the orange one.

What the heck is going on? While my girlfriend doesn't share my concern - I think it must be related to a failed orange crop (she doesn't believe these are actually grown in a field but, get this, processed in a plant - what does she know!?).

Has anyone else seen them yet this year (he cries out in desperation)?
Not yet. We are running several errands tomorrow, so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Its just not Halloween without the darn things. If I find some, I'll buy a bunch, and mail some to you. Desperate times.....

Not yet. We are running several errands tomorrow, so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Its just not Halloween without the darn things. If I find some, I'll buy a bunch, and mail some to you. Desperate times.....

That is very, very kind of you - thank you. But I have a two part plan that I believe will work.

One, I spoke to the manager in the local CVS this morning and she - after convincing her that I wasn't a crazy person inquiring about more Halloween candy when they have an aisle full of it - said there is more coming this week, but she didn't know what - so that is promising (although, I still think she believes I'm a bit nuts - which is probably true).

And, two, taking Touch of Evil's advice, I have a box of 36 of them sitting in my Amazon queue that will be ordered by the end of this week if CVS falls through.

Let's compare notes by the end of the week - but thank you so much for your very generous offer.

That is very, very kind of you - thank you. But I have a two part plan that I believe will work.

One, I spoke to the manager in the local CVS this morning and she - after convincing her that I wasn't a crazy person inquiring about more Halloween candy when they have an aisle full of it - said there is more coming this week, but she didn't know what - so that is promising (although, I still think she believes I'm a bit nuts - which is probably true).

And, two, taking Touch of Evil's advice, I have a box of 36 of them sitting in my Amazon queue that will be ordered by the end of this week if CVS falls through.

Let's compare notes by the end of the week - but thank you so much for your very generous offer.
Anytime.
Let me know how CVS comes through. I am going on an expanded journey this afternoon. I will let you know how it pans out.

Orange Marshmallow Pumpkin update.

Well, my girlfriend couldn't take it anymore - she said I seemed too sad (I thought I was pensive and deliberate - but sad probably is correct) - and told me she just ordered a box of 36 direct from Russell Stover (surprisingly, at a better price after shipping than Amazon).

She and I have been canvassing an increasingly larger search area since early last week and I think she decided to solve the problem Touch of Evil's way.

That said, I'm still going to keep my search up, albeit at a more modest level, as I am stunned that they aren't here and need to see if they show up (yup, I'm that crazy).

Earlier, Bacon.
Now, Angry Orchard.
And yes, they are snacks.
:D
Oh yeah, some chocolate chip cookies too.

I like the expansive definition of "snacks."

Packaged, bakery or home-baked chocolate chip cookies?

And that is one mighty fine snack combo: bacon, hard cider, chocolate chip cookies. I might have to try that myself.

Well, my girlfriend couldn't take it anymore - she said I seemed too sad (I thought I was pensive and deliberate - but sad probably is correct) - and told me she just ordered a box of 36 direct from Russell Stover (surprisingly, at a better price after shipping than Amazon).

She and I have been canvassing an increasingly larger search area since early last week and I think she decided to solve the problem Touch of Evil's way.

That said, I'm still going to keep my search up, albeit at a more modest level, as I am stunned that they aren't here and need to see if they show up (yup, I'm that crazy).
She is obviously a wonderful lady. I am surprised that they were cheaper than Amazon.

Mothers Chocolate Chip Cookies
It was what I could find at the time. :D

Not a brand I've seen here. I have no prejudices against packaged brands - growing up, Burry's Best and Archway were chocolate chip cookies to me. I'll occasional see Archway (but not its chocolate chip cookie, which I think they called "Icebox Chocolate Chip" or I'd buy it) and never see Burry's Best anymore. As a teenager, I consumed those like they were tic tacs.

She is obviously a wonderful lady. I am surprised that they were cheaper than Amazon.

She is awesome, also, I think we were both exhausted from the insane search I had us on. If the search field kept expanding, we'd soon have been in another state. :)

We were surprised, too, that Russell Stover direct was cheaper (usually Amazon is the best price for almost anything). What's nice is these, being from the company, should be very fresh.

At least it's a guarantee! Good work on her part.
I was able to find them here at a few CVS stores and a Rite Aid. I bought a bunch, since they seem to sell out fast.

At least it's a guarantee! Good work on her part.
I was able to find them here at a few CVS stores and a Rite Aid. I bought a bunch, since they seem to sell out fast.

Glad to hear they made it to your stores. Still none that I can find in NYC. Enjoy yours - I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of mine.

Russell Stover Orange Marshmallow Pumpkin update:

Still none to be found in NYC stores (who broke the city: one of the reason I live in NYC is because everything - good, bad and in-between - is here, this is ridiculous).

According to the tracking number - our order arrives tomorrow.

Cannot freakin' wait.

But while I am waiting, I've been snacking on these two awesome things:

Russell Stover Orange Marshmallow Pumpkin update:

Still none to be found in NYC stores (who broke the city: one of the reason I live in NYC is because everything - good, bad and in-between - is here, this is ridiculous).

According to the tracking number - our order arrives tomorrow.

Cannot freakin' wait.

Post a pic of all of them in one place. I'd love to see 36 at once!

Absolutely, will do. And I know what you mean, I've been thinking about all of them together: A bit of a Scrooge McDuck moment.
902e80c5fa43820f2842193799b7be8f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21