Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
New items from the thrift pants and jacket, the jacket wool, 3 patch pocket, no shoulder padding, made in canada, turned out to be a good fit!
20130706_194646.jpg

20130706_201313-1.jpg

20130706_201318.jpg

20130706_202943.jpg

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
pinesiw,
Great finds !
I keep diggin' (when I can & funding allows) & just can't seem to come up with a coat w/ patch pockets.
Not yet, anyways.
You got a Stetson (fedora of any kind) ?
Just curious & thought I'd ask

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
New items from the thrift pants and jacket, the jacket wool, 3 patch pocket, no shoulder padding, made in canada, turned out to be a good fit!
20130706_201318.jpg

I am normally not into workwear but this is really good. I think it is a great everyday working man outfit and it looks quite natural as well. The third picture is best, the one in which you don't seem to do a pose in.
But I must however say that I do not agree with the last button being buttoned!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Saturday was rather warm here:

1950s Irish linen jacket - Steegan Moygashel fabric
rather battered panama
Tootal cravat
Luxire trousers
Cheaney white shoes
summer-1_zpscb747ca2.jpg

summer-2_zps58b9f90b.jpg

summer-3_zps0e64d36d.jpg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Fastening of buttons on a jacket? I agree with the points made in Wikipedia

Buttoning the suit jacket

The buttoning of the jacket is primarily determined by the button stance, a measure of how high the buttons are in relation to the natural waist. In some (now unusual) styles where the buttons are placed high, the tailor would have intended the suit to be buttoned differently from the more common lower stance. Nevertheless, some general guidelines are given here.

Double-breasted suit coats are almost always kept buttoned. When there is more than one button to fasten (as in a traditional six-on-two arrangement), only the top one need be fastened; in some configurations, the wearer may elect to fasten only the bottom button, in order to present a longer line (a style popularised by Prince George, Duke of Kent).

Single-breasted suit coats may be either fastened or unfastened. In two-button suits the bottom button is traditionally left unfastened except with certain unusual cuts of jacket. Legend has it that King Edward VII started the trend of leaving the bottom button of a suit as well as waistcoat undone.

When fastening a three-button suit, the middle button is fastened, and the top one sometimes, but the bottom is traditionally not designed to be (although in the past some jackets were cut so that it could be fastened without distorting the drape; this is not the case with current clothing). A four-button suit is untraditional and so has no traditional guidelines on buttoning, but the middle ones at least should be fastened. Additionally, the one button suit has regained some popularity (it is also one of the classic styles of Savile Row tailoring). The button should always be fastened while standing.

With a single-breasted suit, it is proper to have the buttons unfastened while sitting down to avoid an ugly drape. A good double-breasted suit is usually able to be left buttoned, to avoid the difficulty of constantly redoing inner buttons when standing up

The point to remember is the part about how the suit is designed, some jackets are designed to have all buttons done up, some not.

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
Was asked to accompany my girl's (my GF,that is) father on a short trip with his 1955 Buick RoadMaster to a Vintage/Antique Car parade the other day (IdleWild Park,Ligonier,Pa.)

My view on the ride
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96251424@N02/9265288362/

The "ride"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96251424@N02/9262518073/in/photostream/

Me
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96251424@N02/9265290894/in/photostream/

On this day, temps were 85 degrees & HIGH humidity
& so i chose to wear recently aquired linen trousers, J. Riggings linen shirt and a just finished hand "conversion" waistcoat

His '55 Buick is a Great car, about 24 years too "new" for me.

Was hoping to find & befriend someone having a 1931 Model A or Model B that
woulda been friend enough to will it to me.
;)

Last edited:
Been away a while and choose to add pic from today. Last day at work before summer vacation (two weeks only :mad: ) At the same time I can show a bit of my French liquor cabinet.
View attachment 2482

It seems that visible picture is only preview and with a click it grows :D

Baron, add little grease to your arms and bikerboots on... then you'd look those bad bikers from The Wild One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwB_Mrnwr_8
Oh my fantastic look
VM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou