Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Josephine

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:
In contrast to a suit, here's my daily working attire:
... LL Bean barn jacket.

I have that coat in green. I had folded back the corduroy cuffs, and the fold wore through so my mom cut them off and sewed them back on so the corduroy is on the outside now. The top pockets, where they are sewn to the body of the coat began to tear the coat body, so I had to put an iron on patch on the back to stop them from going any further. It's faded and there are minute holes in many places, but I wear it all the time. :)

Is LL Bean the one where is something wears out you can send it back and get a new one? :D

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
I think most of the day will be spent cuddling kitties, posting stuff on ebay, and doing my taxes :-/

Wise move; A kittie cuddle beats Jerry Springer any day!

And Marty--patterned suspenders for the win! Tres cool.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
It is unpleasantly cold here today -- 10 below at drive time, 25 below wind chill.

Olive minicheck single-breasted two-button ventless suit (three-piece, but I skipped the vest today)
Jos. Abboud beige herringbone spread collar French cuff shirt
Black/gold patterned tie
Gold tie chain
"Roman statesmen" cufflinks, white cameo on black oval ground, "textured" gold edge
Black pocket square, points up
Black belt with silver buckle and tip
Swiss Army watch with black band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Burberry cologne
Olive patterned OTC socks
Allen Edmonds black Grayson tassel mocs (my favorite shoes of all time)
Black leather trenchcoat
Black leather gloves
Jos. A. Bank black/gold patterned silk/wool scarf
Black wide-brim fedora
Polartec Arctic 180s black wrap-around ear warmers (looks less dorky with the hat than I would have thought)

I just love the Graysons. When I was a young buck in the Eighties, I thought they were the sexiest business shoes out there, and I still think that.

StanleyVanBuren

CharlestonBows said:
I really dig the cricket stripe tie, especially on the pink shirt. Who made the shirt, anyhow?

Thanks! The shirt is from Hawes & Curtis in London. I bought a few there while on vacation because they were on sale -- I later learned that H&C are one of the lower-end shops on Jermyn Street & have perpetual sales anyway, but FWIW the shirts I have from them have held up pretty well.

I'm wearing it again today; I'll throw in a closeup...

IMG_8560.jpg

IMG_8558.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Josephine said:
I have that coat in green. I had folded back the corduroy cuffs, and the fold wore through so my mom cut them off and sewed them back on so the corduroy is on the outside now. The top pockets, where they are sewn to the body of the coat began to tear the coat body, so I had to put an iron on patch on the back to stop them from going any further. It's faded and there are minute holes in many places, but I wear it all the time. :)

Is LL Bean the one where is something wears out you can send it back and get a new one? :D
Indeed you can, though it sound slike your coat is getting lots of character! It's tough to get rid of those really well broken in items! lol The guarantee is one of the most compelling arguments for LL Bean clothing, too, though. After my fist one, I swore I'd never be without one again. Could use a couple inside pockets, though. In the field I usually have a GPS, compass, field book, pens and pencils, a Sharpie or two, maps, and then a snack or something stashed in a pocket, so I quickly run out of room in the LL Bean jacket. Still the canvas is so tough and it is perfect for layering, so it is hard to beat for field work.

Marty M.

Vendor
Lucky Strike said:
Mart: That's impressive as always. I'm considering stealing your lapel fly idea - a fly-fishing friend of mine makes them, so I'll get him to make a couple of colourful ones. And I could really use your POW check braces today, as you can see...
Today:
DSC02191.jpg

Thanks Lucky for the compliment. I'd love to see the flys. And once again your outfit and its attention to detail ranks supreme.
Marty Mathis

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
German overcoat
yellow Lands End "custom" shirt
black and yellow vintage bow tie
Lee waterbloc
1973 Seagram stone curling cufflinks
IMG_4505.jpg
IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

Sorry about the bad pictures.

Josephine

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:
Indeed you can, though it sound slike your coat is getting lots of character! It's tough to get rid of those really well broken in items! lol

Yeah, I guess I would have to give it back before they would send me a new one! :D

Dinerman said:
German overcoat
yellow Lands End "custom" shirt
black and yellow vintage bow tie
Lee waterbloc
1973 Seagram stone curling cufflinks
IMG_4505.jpg
IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

Sorry about the bad pictures.

Nice tie/shirt combo. Nice to brighten things up a bit, especially for this time of year.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
:eek:fftopic:
KittyT-I just realized that you said you were playing HOOKEY the other day,not HOCKEY,which my sleep-deprived brain seemed to read it as.:eek:

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Love the pinks you fellas have been sportin' lately! Marty, exceptional combo!
Dinerman, what a super bow tie, great outfit.
Joli ,nice to meet you! Great hair!
Lucky, I like the sweater vest with jacket.:eusa_clap

Here's what I wore today, vintage wool pencil skirt suit, I assume from the early 60's.
Red plaid jacket with peplum, new, I have a thing for red plaid! Fish net hose because I didn't have any regular black ones without runs! I think I'll have to throw these away tho, as they're stretched out at sag at the ankles. :( Plaid shoes. Tousled my hair with my natural wave to cover my roots that are showing, so no victory rolls! ;)
Nikki
2217493729_f83c28ff59.jpg

2218290104_aa01ba0d8b.jpg

2217494127_2cb4a3fa9b.jpg

2217495377_0dca1603b5.jpg

close up of jacket with cool gimp trim,
2217498057_3b1ed35e46_b.jpg

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Nikki-Gorgeous suit on a a gorgeous gal.I must say that skirt is particularly flattering in the region of your backside.;) A plus in any woman's book.
Oh,and yes,love it paired with the plaid.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rubyredlocks said:
Nikki-Gorgeous suit on a a gorgeous gal.I must say that skirt is particularly flattering in the region of your backside.;) A plus in any woman's book.
Oh,and yes,love it paired with the plaid.

You got it right with that ... ;)

Marty M.

Vendor
My new favorite Tartan.

ohairas said:
Love the pinks you fellas have been sportin' lately! Marty, exceptional combo!
2217495377_0dca1603b5.jpg

Wow, I thought about having this picture as my screen saver, then I thought about how my wife would probably have the locks changed at home :eusa_doh: . You look great Nikki. And thatnks for the nice compliment.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Wiser then years.

Jovan said:
I think I've gained an appreciation for "older" women since joining...

Then Jovan my friend, you're wiser then most of your generation. With age comes Experience. With Experience comes Confidence. With Confidence comes Style. And with Style comes Beauty. Add that combination to a Women and you have a piece of artwork worthy of praise. And thank your lucky stars if you happen to have art like that in your life.
You know I didn't realize twenty four years ago that I was marrying the most beautiful woman in the world. But I realize it now.

I'm not sure that the Bible had it right when it said that Men and Women were created equal.
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183