Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
for Pilates tonight

This is as vintage as I got with the hot weather today- I ain't! I've been playing with faux vintage hairstyling a bit lately. Wearing my very grown out perm in a far left side part and up off my face and scrunching the curls. This is my vintage makeup look though, but I'm wearing my modern eyeglasses and favorite RL earrings. Wearing a modern Arianne camisole, paired with ivory silk noile longish high waisted shorts that I sewed for a vacation to Greece in 2004.

Yes, I really do dress like this for Pilates class at the YMCA, I hate yoga pants and a logo tshirts!

I had this tablecloth draped over a door as I had spilled water on it earlier. I like how it looked as a possible backdrop. Thought I'd give it a try.

This is about as pinup in style as I'll probably ever get...
372163302.jpg

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Slightly overcast today in Los Angeles. Pardon the bad picture. Better ones tomorrow.
30's glasses, 1930's trousers to a Hart Schaffner and Marx Suit. Vintage Suspenders, modern shirt, Portis Boater.
IMG_7666-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Picture looks fine to me...? This is a great look for you JJ, good job on creating a very authentic 30s look, very sharp:)

J.J. Gittes said:
Slightly overcast today in Los Angeles. Pardon the bad picture. Better ones tomorrow.
30's glasses, 1930's trousers to a Hart Schaffner and Marx Suit. Vintage Suspenders, modern shirt, Portis Boater.
IMG_7666-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
No pic today- was out applying for a job this afternoon. On advice from replies from a past post on the subject, wore NOTHING vintage. Did carry my vintage 40s red alligator purse:). Had my nails done in the 40s pointed oval shape with red polish. At least I was colorful; aqua sleeveless sweater top and a bright multicolor long knotted scarf, worn with navy plaid trousers and navy faux crocodile pattern pumps. 40s style makeup, which I do everyday now whether wearing vintage or modern. The staff and the supervisor were wearing the business' logo t-shirts and jeans or shorts. So I was overdressed compared to them, but I tend to overdress anyway...

MarcusB

Familiar Face
Gone for quite a different look here. I wear a suit and tie almost every day, but I've gone for this new look I've invented.....................

DSCF1631.jpg

Black pinstriped jacket, a black shirt and my red tie. I'm ALWAYS dressed like this, but thought to take a different way towards it :D. STRICTLY this is not today, as I am now in Hungary with my g/f and did not take any suits with me, so here I am in a VERY, VERY hot Budapest!. This is the last time I wore a suit so decided to post it here! :).

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Well dressed as usual MarcusB, very handsome!

MarcusB said:
Gone for quite a different look here. I wear a suit and tie almost every day, but I've gone for this new look I've invented.....................Black pinstriped jacket, a black shirt and my red tie. I'm ALWAYS dressed like this, but thought to take a different way towards it :D. STRICTLY this is not today, as I am now in Hungary with my g/f and did not take any suits with me, so here I am in a VERY, VERY hot Budapest!. This is the last time I wore a suit so decided to post it here! :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart