Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Lorena B

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Last weekend at the Hammersmith Vintage Fashion Fair in London. My friend requested I blocked her out.

I'm wearing my favourite vintage dark green suit jacket made by 'The Denver', a black repro pencil skirt made to measure by TopRunway, vintage black suede shoes made by Brevitt and a little black vintage felt hat.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

And no, I never smile in photos!

Hannah, you always look ace!!!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Lamplight said:
Miss Hannah and Fleur De Guerre, you both look like you just stepped out of a wonderfully stylish time warp! :D Someone with more Photoshop skills than myself should attempt to make these pictures look vintage, because these ladies have THE look. Picture perfect!

Oh?
Fleur's photos couldn't be any more vintage than they already are...
In case you didn't notice. They're fantastic photos- beautiful colour,
with a very vintage look, without looking shopped- perfect for the era
she is dressing.

Thank you very much.

B
T

repeatclicks

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Last weekend at the Hammersmith Vintage Fashion Fair in London. My friend requested I blocked her out.

I'm wearing my favourite vintage dark green suit jacket made by 'The Denver', a black repro pencil skirt made to measure by TopRunway, vintage black suede shoes made by Brevitt and a little black vintage felt hat.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

And no, I never smile in photos!

Hmm you need to be holding a shotgun with a ford behind you....

-Adam

sproily

Practically Family
Creeping Past said:
I was hoping you'd say that. ;)

And what sort of tie is that? I've never thought to ask before.

Keep it up, you're doing well!

It's something that came as a gift when I bought an ascot from ebay! It's an OK tie. I'm not exactly sure what it is. It's not a material i've come across earlier... It's not silk nor is it terylene..

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
BellyTank said:
Oh?
Fleur's photos couldn't be any more vintage than they already are...
In case you didn't notice. They're fantastic photos- beautiful colour,
with a very vintage look, without looking shopped- perfect for the era
she is dressing.

Thank you very much.

B
T

I agree that they have a vintage "vibe" to them. Her clothing, hair, makeup, and even poses are perfect. That being said, I wouldn't have mistaken these for vintage photographs. I also agree that one could easily overdo it in PS trying to make these shots look old. The trick would be to make them look like vintage, color photographs. I didn't mean to imply they should be converted to black & white. The colors are far too nice for that.

Christy

One of the Regulars
MissHannah- fantastic outfit!

Fleur- I love the color combination.

QuigleyBrown- I love seeing your photos, they're so well done!

AlanC- your outfits are always well put together. That coat looks nice and warm for a cool day.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Miss Hannah, you look lovely in that ensemble, and so does Fleur in the green trousers. Love green myself and hope to find something in this colour soon!

Today in a visit to the local Antique Center I wore a dress my mother knitted for me (thank you mum). My bag is a Riviera and the little brooch is a celluloid daffodil, but the rest is all modern. I think it does look pretty vintage-esque though, and it is one of my regular looks (including the silly poses :eek: ).

4043226234_b9af06a3ce.jpg

4043226252_0cac671045.jpg

4043226302_b71f56f180.jpg

Dutchess

Familiar Face
Foto0027.jpg

Foto0021.jpg

Trip tot Bruges, Belgium.
Crazy Daisy's baret and purse reminded me of my outfit :)

fake fur and baret: H&M
suit: Hobbs
shoes: Wolky
gloves and bag; Second hand

Maguire

Practically Family
09_24_09dinneratunos-1.jpg

Nothing too fancy, went to Unos with some coworkers afterwork. Just basically what i wore to work- my old blue suit, fed IV, etc.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Lamplight said:
I agree that they have a vintage "vibe" to them. Her clothing, hair, makeup, and even poses are perfect. That being said, I wouldn't have mistaken these for vintage photographs. I also agree that one could easily overdo it in PS trying to make these shots look old. The trick would be to make them look like vintage, color photographs. I didn't mean to imply they should be converted to black & white. The colors are far too nice for that.

Well... I think the photo/s ARE actually engineered to look like vintage colour
and very nicely, too. I guess it depends what "vintage" you're talking about but these pics do indeed look like vintage colour. I think they are intended to be mistaken for vintage photos and actually do quite well.

Imagine that the era is something like 1940-50, then you may understand.
There's no point trying to make them look any earlier than they're supposed to be.

B
T

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
BellyTank said:
Well... I think the photo/s ARE actually engineered to look like vintage colour
and very nicely, too. I guess it depends what "vintage" you're talking about but these pics do indeed look like vintage colour. I think they are intended to be mistaken for vintage photos and actually do quite well.

Imagine that the era is something like 1940-50, then you may understand.
There's no point trying to make them look any earlier than they're supposed to be.

B
T

I agree that they do have that look. I can tell they're not actually vintage, but I suppose the only truly good way to make them look more vintage would be to actually use an old camera and film from the era. Of course, if I just stumbled upon the photos online without knowing when they were done, I'm sure I would have to look at them for some time before deciding they weren't actually old. And even then I probably wouldn't be positive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn