Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

analiebe

A-List Customer
was recently visiting my remarkably talented photographer friend in bega, nsw.... we found the most amazing location that, along with what i was wearing that day, just resonated that "picnic at hanging rock" vibe (the australians amoung us will understand)... these are a couple of the incredible shots that eryca took of me that day...

1930's silk chiffon blouse... 1950's cotton petticoat...

10945_196754932533_589947533_4393642_6536609_n.jpg

10945_196754927533_589947533_4393641_6142133_n.jpg

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
analiebe said:
...we found the most amazing location that, along with what i was wearing that day, just resonated that "picnic at hanging rock" vibe...
10945_196754932533_589947533_4393642_6536609_n.jpg
Before I even read that I immediately thought of Picnic at Hanging Rock! You captured it beautifully.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
FABULOUSLY AMAZING dear Auntie...
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I love your Oscar Wilde tagline too.

analiebe said:
was recently visiting my remarkably talented photographer friend in bega, nsw.... we found the most amazing location that, along with what i was wearing that day, just resonated that "picnic at hanging rock" vibe (the australians amoung us will understand)... these are a couple of the incredible shots that eryca took of me that day...

1930's silk chiffon blouse... 1950's cotton petticoat...
10945_196754927533_589947533_4393641_6142133_n.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I love your dress and tights TFT- and the crown is glorious!

ThesFlishThngs said:
Some wonderful, atmospheric photos for this time of year. :)I didn't exactly 'costume' this year, but felt the need to dress up a bit for the WinterSquash Monarch pageant at the coffee house. Due to my relentless campaigning, I won!! Here's a shot of the moment of anticipation, followed by one of me with my amazing, handmade crown (picking up the chandelier drop that fell off).
4062382047_90646279db_b.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
A very non-vintage pic posted today... Dressed for my YMCA Pilates class tonight, already did my free weights workout earlier in the afternoon. At least our Pilates teacher Bill brings a wide variety of music (and lets me share my vintage music CDs too) for us to exercise to, including big band swing tunes! It helps to take our minds off the pain:p

Violet top and black pants by UnderArmour. With having lost some weight over many weeks these old exercise pants are now about three inches too big in the waist- but its too cold tonight to wear the newer UA shorts that fit me better. My hair is very finger fluffed out from the vintage roller set I had done on Thursday for the Halloween weekend, with a sortof fake 30s look.
377201880.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Looking very trim and toned, chanteuse. Those workout clothes give you quite a ski lodge air; perhaps apres, having kicked off the boots and parka and about to settle by the fire with a nice hot buttered rum..... ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks TFT. I think I'll go put on my vintage 70s winter boots and wear them over to class! Hot buttered rum sounds real good-yum (and fattening), but alas none here... shucks.

ThesFlishThngs said:
Looking very trim and toned, chanteuse. Those workout clothes give you quite a ski lodge air; perhaps apres, having kicked off the boots and parka and about to settle by the fire with a nice hot buttered rum..... ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks TFT for this idea! I dug out my vintage 40s heavy wool snow shirt-jacket, a scarf my son knitted and added the vintage SnowLand boots! Maybe if I flirt a little with a well dressed vintage loving gentleman at the ski lodge, he'll buy me that hot buttered rum! The folks at my class thought the jacket and boots looked pretty fun for the cool evening.
377209338.jpg

analiebe

A-List Customer
djgo-cat-go said:
I'm extremely happy with my new Bookster 8-panel newsboy..:D

as you should be - looks great, as does the vest

chanteuseCarey said:
and added the vintage SnowLand boots!

what FUN! chanteuse

Jirina said:
Sunny and freezing autumnday and i'm wearing warm vintage cape.
Gloves are missing!

max_4ac7aee3b134f.jpg

as for YOU lady!!! you look too gorgeous for words!

... and mike, when your octopus has octopi can i have pick of the litter

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Jirina said:
Sunny and freezing autumnday and i'm wearing warm vintage cape.
Gloves are missing!

max_4ac7aee3b134f.jpg

On freezing days the only thing you need is a warm welcome and a cup of hot-chocolate!! You look gorgeous!! :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
To Edward, Bugsy too and others, thanks for the positive comments about my white tie and tails Halloween look. It was a hoot wearing it. Showed the printed out pics to my Pilates teacher (male) and a gent in the class last night, they enjoyed seeing them.

I still have the brushed out remains of the 30s hairstyle which has been fun to wear out and about the last couple of days. Swimming tomorrow and Thursday at the YMCA, so the fancy hairdo goes bye-bye!

Edward said:
This looks fantastic, well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy