Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
Dutchess said:
HPIM4326.jpg

Breathtaking!!!

How to deal with a really bad hair day? Build Victory Ships!

When all else fails, and you must go out in public, but can't get those curls to behave - be "the girl who makes the thing that holds the oil that oils the ring..."

1119091400.jpg

Edit: Adding a couple of detail photos

The Victory scarf - has flags in each corner (USA, Britain, USSR, France) and banners with the names of Allied countries - I really love this one:
1119091358.jpg

Closer photo of part of my Victory pin collection - Ships for Victory badge, Production "E" award pin, Third Liberty Loan, Victory morse code, Red Cross Volunteer, Federal Shipbuilding and Drydock Company (employee ID pin)

1119091359.jpg

I wasn't sure where else to post these, and thought some might be interested in the details.

McFarlaneNYC

Familiar Face
"Looks good - puts me in mind of a mid fifties kinda semi-casual tweeds look... I think it would be worth you having the sleeves taken up a touch to really sharpen the look, but it's all nicely put together. What are the trousers? They don't appear the same shade as the jacket in the photo - is that just lighting, or are they separates rather than a suit? (Either way, looks good)."

the trousers are Zegna from the late 80's. they belonged to my father before I removed them from his closet a couple months back. they are a great 40's era looking pant, with wide leg, turn ups, and pleated.
as for the jacket you are absolutely right. it is off the peg from J-crew and I have not gotten to my tailor.

Charlie

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Talk about great looks!

You commented on the other great looks here on this site and there are many. But, you need to add your look to the top of that great look list!
pgoat said:
wow...so many great looks here.

I don't get to dress up for work much these days - I ride my bike in every day and I'm afraid it's contributed to the downfall of any sense of style I was trying to have...sorry, this was actually a few weeks ago, the last time I had a few meetings all over town and hence was on foot and got to wear something other than cycling clothes

IMG_6032.jpg

not vintage except the hat (ca. 1960 Knox with 2" brim). Suit is a cheap bespoke, vest is a find at a recent CSA swap of all things..I got a cool old ca. 1960s camel hair car coat there as well...currently at the cleaners.

IMG_6033.jpg

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Hamilton_Honey said:
When all else fails, and you must go out in public, but can't get those curls to behave - be "the girl who makes the thing that holds the oil that oils the ring..."

1119091400.jpg

Edit: Adding a couple of detail photos

The Victory scarf - has flags in each corner (USA, Britain, USSR, France) and banners with the names of Allied countries - I really love this one:
1119091358.jpg

Closer photo of part of my Victory pin collection - Ships for Victory badge, Production "E" award pin, Third Liberty Loan, Victory morse code, Red Cross Volunteer, Federal Shipbuilding and Drydock Company (employee ID pin)

1119091359.jpg

I wasn't sure where else to post these, and thought some might be interested in the details.

You are truly just TOO cute for Words! :D :eusa_clap

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Went antiquing today, picked up some new things.

Wore a late 1930s Fashion Park suit and...
me119.jpg

...a Taurus PT-709 Slim.
me120.jpg

Edit: less confusing

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
Went antiquing today, picked up some new things.

Late 1930s Fashion Park suit and...

...a Taurus PT-709 Slim.
Something tells me that I'm very jealous of you. :rage: I never find antique suits where I live, and the modern suits I do find are never well fitting DB suits.

And since someone's been threatening to abduct my mol and make me pay ransom money I think I could find a lot of use for a pistol.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Hamilton_Honey said:

1119091400.jpg

YOU, are a doll!
The scarf is amazing. Do you know more about it? I mean, is it really a post war celebratory item, or a modern item that happened to have a Vday sort of theme? Either way, I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic