Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
It's single digits up here. Time to break out the heavy stuff.... ;)

redtiedesat100.jpg
[/IMG]

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Bravo as always Quigley :eusa_clap The one problem I always have though is that I can never decide if its your outfit or the quality of the photo that is the best thing about your posts....

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Chasseur said:
Bravo as always Quigley :eusa_clap The one problem I always have though is that I can never decide if its your outfit or the quality of the photo that is the best thing about your posts....

Thanks, Chasseur. It's an easy set-up I have so it's nothing to turn a couple switches on, put the camera on a tripod and hit self-timer. But for some reason the photos look sort of pixelated on this website. Maybe it can't handle black-on-black.

I just saw the weather and the low's going to be 1 degree!!! It's a bit soon for temps like that...:mad:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
Thanks, Chasseur. It's an easy set-up I have so it's nothing to turn a couple switches on, put the camera on a tripod and hit self-timer. But for some reason the photos look sort of pixelated on this website. Maybe it can't handle black-on-black.

I just saw the weather and the low's going to be 1 degree!!! It's a bit soon for temps like that...:mad:

We got a blizzard on the way too. ;)

Nice look you got going on today.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Tis the season... for Holiday outfits!

My newest, bought last Dec. and worn to the CA Pops Orchestra Holiday Show. This year I've already been thinking of places/events I can wear this to.

This pic is from last year, but its a fun one! Me singing- closeup showing off the holiday makeup (yes, its clown facepainting glitter) and Xmas headband. One lady attendee to the concert said I looked like a Who!

red taffeta blouse with jewel buttons, black short sequin skirt
379151633.jpg

With my fellow choir singers
379151654.jpg

With son Daniel (the elf) and me (elf Mom). Sorry for the very blurry pic, but its what I got. Maybe we just as a pair in our outfits boggled the photog's eyes that he couldn't focus straight! I love these tights- Elf Daniel had red makeup cheeks and glitter too!
379151629.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
My university Christmas Party tonight, here is me at the end of the night looking tired...

379167726.jpg

Bespoke suit by Vaish, 12oz Dormeuil charcoal pinstripe, double breasted. Light blue shirt with long collar and french cuffs (a little large it needs a washing to shrink down), my favorite vintage 1940s tie, and red silk pocket square w/golden dots. Not seen but I had a nice pair of old Johnston and Murphy leather and linen oxfords and my gray fur felt fedora.

JEEP

Practically Family
Darhling said:
Jakob, you look dashing - how strange that they don't like your look in a hunting store, I think you'd fit in swimmingly!

Thank you :)

Actually I think it is due to the fact that my boss is the kind of type that goes to work in worn Fjällräven shirt and trousers, topped with an old fleece jacket - he even sometimes wears yellow crocs :)eek:) to work! In the beginning he did not mind me wearing vintage to work, actually he found it kind of cool - bit then his friends started to poke fun of his overly casual way of dressing for work and suddenly me wearing vintage became a BIG problem. His wife, the other boss, just doesn't like me very much, which means that every oppertunity to say something negative about me or my looks is seized immediately - her loss really, she likes no-one and no-one really cares about her. I actually kind of pity her.
My bosses are 68-generation hippies turned conservatives (the wife is further out on the political right-wing than most people would care for) - their perspective of the World and the people in it doesn't really go any further that the doorstep of their shop, which also means that "diffrent" (ie. anything that they are unable to relate to personally) is wrong and therefore a problem.

Regards.

Jakob

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JEEP said:
Actually I think it is due to the fact that my boss is the kind of type that goes to work in worn Fjällräven shirt and trousers, topped with an old fleece jacket - he even sometimes wears yellow crocs :)eek:) to work!

This never fails to astonish me.

JEEP said:
In the beginning he did not mind me wearing vintage to work, actually he found it kind of cool - bit then his friends started to poke fun of his overly casual way of dressing for work and suddenly me wearing vintage became a BIG problem.

So you looking nice makes him look bad comparatively. I've seen this problem before.

JEEP said:
My bosses are 68-generation hippies

My least favorite generation ever. Oh boy.

JEEP said:
turned conservatives

Obviously not the good kind.

JEEP said:
(the wife is further out on the political right-wing than most people would care for)

Great. Nothing more SUUUUPER than an ex-radical leftist turned far Rightist. One sees this in America a little, not much; most of the people I know who have gone this route are Jewish and got this way because they started reading hardliner pro-Israel websites which also featured various conservative stances ... the best example being David Horowitz, who went from Berkeley leftist hippie in the late 1960s to Reaganite in 1980 after the Black Panthers peeved him and disowned him, to present day ultra-Right spokesman.

JEEP said:
- their perspective of the World and the people in it doesn't really go any further that the doorstep of their shop, which also means that "diffrent" (ie. anything that they are unable to relate to personally) is wrong and therefore a problem.

Wonderful people. Yikes.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Chasseur said:
My university Christmas Party tonight, here is me at the end of the night looking tired...

379167726.jpg

Bespoke suit by Vaish, 12oz Dormeuil charcoal pinstripe, double breasted. Light blue shirt with long collar and french cuffs (a little large it needs a washing to shrink down), my favorite vintage 1940s tie, and red silk pocket square w/golden dots. Not seen but I had a nice pair of old Johnston and Murphy leather and linen oxfords and my gray fur felt fedora.

Tired? Perhaps. Dapper? Definitly. Great tie, too.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Chasseur said:

379167726.jpg

Elegant to the max!!

JEEP

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont and Doran:

No, I am not in a union - it wouldn't help anyway the union owns the building where the shop is located (no I am not kidding). But, I am not nervous, I have been working at the shop for two years now, while recovering from a shoulder injury, waiting to be able to return to archaeology. I know my ways around the bosses by now.
Actually the boss is a nice man - and we get along fine, he just has his ways. His wife on the other hand waries from plain unreasonable to bat-shit crazy, but most of the time she is kept at bay by her husband (who fortunally knows exactly how she is), only the days where he is out hunting are really bad - and since she has no real power in the shop I am not afraid to tell her off when she tries stepping on me. Being quite a bit mentally stronger and smarter than she is it is really not a problem dealing with her, just a nuisance.

Regards.

Jakob

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Studying armour today. The librarian at the museum told me I had gone British lol

'40s 3-piece suit
Van Heusen collar
Tootal tie
'30s retractable cufflinks
Argyle socks with dark blue and grey diamonds
GA Dunn & Co bowler

And since it was rainy today, a dark blue raglan raincoat, light yellow leather gloves, and a Fox & Sons umbrella. It was the first time my supervisor had seen the bowler, she loved it, it reminded her of her father.

DSC02376.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02383.jpg

DSC02386.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
Nick D said:
Studying armour today. The librarian at the museum told me I had gone British lol

'40s 3-piece suit
Van Heusen collar
Tootal tie
'30s retractable cufflinks
Argyle socks with dark blue and grey diamonds
GA Dunn & Co bowler

And since it was rainy today, a dark blue raglan raincoat, light yellow leather gloves, and a Fox & Sons umbrella. It was the first time my supervisor had seen the bowler, she loved it, it reminded her of her father.

DSC02376.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02383.jpg

DSC02386.jpg

Absolutely fabulous. No gripes whatsoever! I always enjoy your outfits :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Very, very good! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael