Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Young sir has it goin' on (as they didn't say in the '30s).

Our spring reprieve is cruelly over here in Iowa, as it's 32°F/0°C and blowing wet snow.
My evening walk to the store called for:
Eastman 1401 A-2
tweed vest from Merona
2 light mock turtlenecks
Fownes cashmere lined calf gloves
stout tan corduroys from Brooks Bros
Frye Keith wellingtons (leather soles that keep the water out - what a treat).

Topped it with a figured silk/wool scarf and my Hat People brown tweed "deep cut" newsboy, the go-to headgear this winter. I'm glad I didn't shave my bloatee. ;)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Went to the Thrush Hermit reunion concert last night at the Paragon.

Five Pin bowling sweater
cowboy boots
'30s eight panel cap

Goofing around before the show.
P1040950.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
You are such an amazingly sharp dresser, Sproily.

I'm not sure about the blue tie and the red pocket-square, though.

In the set of photos with you and the brown suit with the boater, what's that thing across your throat, through the front of your shirt-collar, underneath the knot of your tie? I don't think I've ever seen one of those before. What is it?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Unfortunately, I don't own a wearable (I say wearable because they don't fit anymore) sport coat or suit at the moment, but going to church today this sunday, I made do with what I had, and that was a blue Land's End oxford dress shirt (bought it last week actually, and I love it, it fits really well on the torso, but the sleeve cuffs might be a tad loose), dark-grey corduroy pants (as I'm in the process of losing weight, this is all I have that fits really well), leather shoes, green-colored dress socks, my red tie with some little geometric patterns (it's modern, not vintage), and to top it off, my brown Akubra Federation IV.

dsc00330w.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany