Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

kools

Practically Family
Milwaukee today 32 degrees F & sunny

P1040530.jpg

Edward

Bartender

Wow, I didn't realise this was the one you made yourself - it's gorgeous! Good to see those patterns made up, too - I've been thinking of getting hold of some nice wool and having a tailor I know make me up a suit based on those patterns. They look great. I was considering maybe a flannel, and having the lapels modified to a peak style... Your fabric looks great, I'd never have pegged that for less than top grade wool at a glance.

Mark

Practically Family
From top to bottom..brown Aero Highwayman, Blue Timberland Sweatshirt, Dickies jeans and Timberlands Authentic 3 eyed classic lug (boat shoe). I'm not actually wearing this right now but could be if the weather allowed! It's funny but when i was young i never gave much thought to clothing but now (46 yrs) i'd happily spend every penny i can on nice quality clothing and shoes. My latest purchase are said Timberland shoes, fantastic and great quality.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Fabulous photos sproily!

Hubba hubba. You made that? I don't think I've ever seen spats worn on a lady before.

Amazing, NickD! Wish I was that skilled in tailoring. Takes a lot of practice, don't it?

Yep I made it. um, were the spats not a good idea?

NickD needs to give me lessons :p

HepKitty

One Too Many
I'm not saying they were necessarily a bad idea, but I've never heard of women in the 50's wearing them.
They give the outfit personality. ;)
Geez, you'd be dumbfounded by how many times I've tried making spats for myself.

Me too.

lol I made them for fun, since I had the fabric and the pattern. Didn't really try for perfectly 50s :D Did you have a pattern to use?

Derek WC

Banned
Ahh I see. No I don't have a pattern or an old pair, I've just been getting cheap fabric and trying again and again. I've got it almost nailed, but when I put them on the heel seam is always off, but that might be attributed to how tight they are.

Now, for what I'm wearing today:
IMG_0635.jpg

(70's?) Thick Donegal tweed shooting coat, Hat Peoples 8-panel cap, 1952 US. Army woolen trousers.

Last edited:

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Cool morning on the way to Church today - Harris tweed suit with probably a 70's shirt (with long, sort of 40's style collar), 30's-40's repp tie, reconditioned Stetson "Club House Special", and Scotch-grained, cap-toed brogues. The pipe is a Canadian stemmed "Montrealer" with an amber colored bakelite mouthpiece (and loaded up with Penzance English blend).
182655_201569789855742_100000081677913_803800_7821918_n.jpg

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
I LOVE that suit, Mr. Mountain Man!!!

Thanks, Kools - you have some extra-nice suits as well!! I had that particular one made for me while I was stationed in Afghanistan a couple of years ago. I got about 6 yards of Harris Tweed on Ebay and a little dude with a pushcart and a midget assistant came by our compound every 2 weeks - he whipped up the suit using old Esquire illustrations (that I found on the Lounge) as something to go by - charged me 60 bucks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou