Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Grant Fan

Practically Family
we have a garden party this evening and I figured this might be one of my last chances to wear summer clothes
newdress003.jpg

newdress004.jpg

newdress005.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Decided to put the WW2 jacket I'd had for a while to work. Arms are a tad short but there's nothing that can be done about that.

me249.jpg

me251.jpg

me250.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Decided to put the WW2 jacket I'd had for a while to work. Arms are a tad short but there's nothing that can be done about that.

me251.jpg

You are the personification of one of those old Esquire illustrations that we reference all the time.

scooter

Practically Family
Grant Fan, summer is ending and more's the pity, as you look simply stunning in your dress. Your betrothed is a lucky fellow.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Fred Astaire made a point of wearing mostly button down collar shirts with his suits.

I had noticed that as well on some of Fred Astaire's outfits - only there was a difference in the way button down collars laid in those shirts - many modern button down collars seem to have an untidy outward bulge when you wear them with a regular necktie - a bow tie covers up the space, so I generally only wear a button down either with a bow tie or without a tie of any kind.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I had noticed that as well on some of Fred Astaire's outfits - only there was a difference in the way button down collars laid in those shirts - many modern button down collars seem to have an untidy outward bulge when you wear them with a regular necktie - a bow tie covers up the space, so I generally only wear a button down either with a bow tie or without a tie of any kind.

Part of the problem may be the tendency for modern shirts to "apologize for their collars" in the words of Alan Flusser; they have disproportionately small collars, which causes them to bulge with any but the smallest knots. Combine that with the trend for many modern necties to have grotesquely fat width and padding around the trailing end, to achieve the fist sized knots popular among footballers and their ilk, and you have the perfect storm of inelegance, as it were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw