Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Torpedo

One Too Many
Another summer ensemble today... 30's rayon bold tie, and a lightweight newsboy cap about as old. These make for a sporty outfit I think.

DSCN1565.jpg

DSCN1574b.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
For the Chap Olympics: The worlds biggest hat and a pink 'Marilyn' dress

chap.jpg

For a night out dancing: White dress and blue orchids in my hair

whitedressphoto.jpg

Yesterday: the 'Le Resistance' look. Burberry trenchcoat, ballerina flats (for running away quickly on the cobbled streets) and a men's grey fedora, sadly not shown.

resistance.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Mary said:
So pretty! I love the coat. Don't you love clothes that drape themselves well? To me, they contain a bit of a mystery.

Mary - I think the red coat is my favourite vintage piece - I not only got it for a song but I get so much wear out of it - I just love it!

Miss Hannah & Foofoogal - thank you so much for your lovely compliments!

Tomasso - Thank you and might I add that I just did something there I haven't done for a very long time - I blushed!!!!!!!

I would just like to say how inspirational I find the ladies and gents of the Fedora Lounge - so many times I log on here and see such creativity and so many glamourous people - it's truly inspiring (and the fact that everyone is so nice, welcoming and helpful is of course a huge bonus!)!

Edward

Bartender
I spent yesterday afternoon in the grounds of Oakley Court Hotel, near Windsor, England. The hotel was built originally as a private residence, and is believe to have been where deGaulle stayed while in England during WW2. Being adjacent to Brae Studios, it spent much of the latter half of the Twentieth Century serving as a film location. Its many screen appearances (among them a number of Hammer Horrors) include representing the School House in the original St Trinian's films, and serving as Castle Frank'n'Furter in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The stunning rear view of the house:

46940_425118527259_555787259_5479523_770532_n.jpg

Marlowe at the front door:
45106_425118042259_555787259_5479478_4051935_n.jpg

45106_425118047259_555787259_5479479_7687196_n.jpg

44558_425118162259_555787259_5479487_8069140_n.jpg

A post lunch pipe in the garden (a Peterson's 314, loaded with Bond's of Oxford Street Black Cherry):
44558_425118192259_555787259_5479493_7727868_n.jpg

Lastly, a photo taken of what will probably be my final trip to Brae Studios before this wonderful piece of British cinema history is torn down to make way for luxury apartments, capitalism trumping culture once more:

46940_425118517259_555787259_5479521_8216213_n.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Dressed up for the first day of school.
Photo35.jpg

Gray herringbone suit, Jos. A. Bank via Salvation Army
Akubra Squatter, willow green
Knit wool tie
not seen:
blue suspenders
brown Florsheims.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Well Sir, all i can say is "Wow"! May i also congratulate all the other ladies and gentleman too today. I'm getting loads of ideas and inspiration for putting outfits together, please keep those photos coming!

brendon

Familiar Face
Yeps said:
Dressed up for the first day of school.
Photo35.jpg

Gray herringbone suit, Jos. A. Bank via Salvation Army
Akubra Squatter, willow green
Knit wool tie
not seen:
blue suspenders
brown Florsheims.
hi loving the look. may i ask what age you are? and what comments did you get from others

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
brendon said:
hi loving the look. may i ask what age you are? and what comments did you get from others

I am twenty, and I get a lot of people calling me "dapper." Or telling me I look like a mafioso.

It helps that I am a singer (I am in music school studying opera), we artistic types are given a little more freedom from the unspoken rules.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
... my final trip to Brae Studios before this wonderful piece of British cinema history is torn down to make way for luxury apartments, capitalism trumping culture once more

Most unfortunate. :(

...like those shoes. :)

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
Yeps said:
I am twenty, and I get a lot of people calling me "dapper." Or telling me I look like a mafioso.

I trust that those people are now all resting at the bottom of a lake, with concrete buckets at their feet? "It was accident..."

Edward

Bartender
Thank-you Laotou and Harp... The shoes are eBay's finest.... can't recall the brand, but they're Italian, calf leather. Came with black laces, but I think the white look better on them. They're modern, of course, but that big, square toe was a mid 30s trend. Hat and tie are forties, suit is 50s.

Marla

A-List Customer
Edward said:
...and serving as Castle Frank'n'Furter in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I've never been to England, but I thought it looked familiar! What a shame that it will be gone soon; I've wanted to visit it for a long time.

BTW, Edward, the whole first week of school as I met my new professors I kept wishing that at least one of them dressed as well as you! I envy your students.

Edward

Bartender
Marla said:
I've never been to England, but I thought it looked familiar! What a shame that it will be gone soon; I've wanted to visit it for a long time.

The hotel is staying as it is - it's the studios that are going. You can't get inside them, they're not open to the public, but I was able to get to the gates and have a photo with them at least. Fortunately, the hotel is not, nor do I think ever will be, under threat.

BTW, Edward, the whole first week of school as I met my new professors I kept wishing that at least one of them dressed as well as you! I envy your students.

lol Thank-you - I wonder if they see it the same!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR