Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

laotou

One of the Regulars
Mario said:
mallory_09_29_10.jpg
Mario,
Has anyone told you that you resemble the actor Dominic Keating?
DK.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
A sartorial delight Sir, well done and congratulations on the job, can' t say i'm that surprised you got hired though, bet you had it in the bag the minute they saw you step through the door with that outfit on! :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
Mario, FFF, are those shirts readily available from a vendor in the 'bay, or are you speaking of used items?

New stuff, made by Signum. Advertised for 11.99€ but you can make an offer. I bought a gray one yesterday and offered 9.50€. The seller accepted.. ;)

I'm assuming that you'll need a size S? I've assembled a few size S Signum shirts with spearpoint collar for you. Should you need size M instead, well then, my friend, I'm afraid that you'll have to bite the bullet and look at the seller's items yourself. There is still a few of them around... :)

Signum Size S, Beige Striped (the one I'm wearing in the photo)

Signum Size S, Gray Striped (I just bought one yesterday)

Signum Size S, Gray Striped (more of the above)

Signum Size S, Rose Striped

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
A few months ago I had the opportunity to be a model for oil painting portraiture class. A few days ago the class instructor (a renown local artist) let me know that hers was finished. Well, here it is! This Saturday she will be having a gallery show and she wants me to show up to the reception (fashionablly late, of course) wearing my same outfit. It measures at least 36" by 24".

framed100-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
metropd said:
Same outfit today, except today I am wearing a Brigade of Guards tie instead of the slate gray tie pictured, and a rose instead of the carnation pictured.
andrecm-nicolas-balboa05.jpg

andrecm-nicolas-balboa07.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice shots. I love Balboa Park.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Lauren said:
I pretty much never post pics on this thread, but I liked my outfit today so here 'tis :D
rain11.jpg

Lauren -- You should definitely post some more here - that's one sweet getup! I especially dig the pants and the jacket but the whole ensemble is just smashing! I really like how the sweater picks up the blue of the pants. Way to go, Lauren! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Wow! Thanks! :D

The jacket was a trade from a friend quite a few years ago. It's a lovely light/dark gray woven stripe wool. It's by "Hayes Custom Tailors, Topeka, Kansas", and is dated 1941 inside. It's really beautifully tailored- it almost has a man-tailored look to it and feeling it, it has a lot of the inner structure you don't often get with womens wear. I think a few guys have wondered if it was a converted mens jacket. Not sure, but I love it!
Oh- almost forgot one of my favorite parts! When we traded I opened it up and on the inside it had my initials from my maiden name "LH". It was meant to be!

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
One of my usual awful quality pictures. Today I decided to try and match flashy (the tie) with conservative (the suit).

095618.jpg

Here's a picture of the suit's material as the pixalated photo doesn't do it justice.
094648.jpg

-mid 1950s British bespoke suit, which is ironic as it could almost have been made for me as it fits perfectly without a single alteration
-modern black and silver paisley tie
-modern braces (a few weeks ago I finally decided to wear braces with some of my trousers despite saying I would never do so a couple of months ago :eek:)

brendon

Familiar Face
avedwards said:
One of my usual awful quality pictures. Today I decided to try and match flashy (the tie) with conservative (the suit).

095618.jpg

Here's a picture of the suit's material as the pixalated photo doesn't do it justice.
094648.jpg

-mid 1950s British bespoke suit, which is ironic as it could almost have been made for me as it fits perfectly without a single alteration
-modern black and silver paisley tie
-modern braces (a few weeks ago I finally decided to wear braces with some of my trousers despite saying I would never do so a couple of months ago :eek:)
excellent pics, what was it like wearing braces? do you find them better than belts? i love braces personallly just dont get to wear them much.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
brendon said:
excellent pics, what was it like wearing braces? do you find them better than belts? i love braces personallly just dont get to wear them much.
Thank you. At first I found them uncomfortable because I was used to having my shoulders free but now I've got used to them. I wouldn't say they're better, just different. In the case of this suit I wore braces because the trousers have brace buttons and no belt loops or side adjusters, plus the trousers have to be very high to avoid any shirt front showing between the waistcoat and trousers. The only other times I wear braces are when wearing a waistcoat, again to avoid shirt front showing. Therefore I haven't switched entirely to them as I still wear belts when I'm not wearing a waistcoat.

Out my six suits two already had brace buttons (my 40s DB and this one) and on two I attatched buttons inside the waistband so that I can wear them with braces when wearing a waistcoat and with a belt when not, whereas the remaining two (both dating from the 60s) hang better with a belt in my opinion.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I changed out of my suit (sorry no photo) and into notably casual clothes for a friday night rehearsal.
Photo15.jpg

I have noticed a problem of having two hats with the same general function... I now have to actually decide which one I want to wear. I really like the Squatter, but I love the fuller crown of my Open Road. Bah. I should have stuck to one fedora.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Quigley, amazing portrait! :eusa_clap
Lauren, :arated: on you posting more pics. :)
Laotou, sharp!
Avedwards, you really need to get hold of a better camera - those outfits deserve a better display! ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran