Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mario

I'll Lock Up
That's a very sharp looking combination. I can't see any reason why you shouldn't keep that suit. If you do decide to sell it I'd consider buying it.

It's just that I'm still a bit insecure about the padded shoulders and flared pants. Those were also a halmark of the 80's, of which I do have some very vivid - I should rather say scary - memories... ;) Should I decide to sell the suit I'll let you know first. :)

Thank you for the link.

Last edited:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Here's me dolled-up last Saturday. Can anyone guess my inspirations?

flbelle1.jpg

flbelle2.jpg

flbelle3.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
It's just that I'm still a bit insecure about the padded shoulders and flared pants. Those were also a halmark of the 80's, of which I do have some very vivid - I should rather say scary - memories... ;) Should I decide to sell the suit I'll let you know first. :)

Thank you for the link.

Thank you :). I quite like padded shoulders personally. My first vintage suit (a late 30s/early 40s DB) has extremely padded shoulders, to the extent that it makes me look well built. It took me a while to get used to it but I like the look now, though I find it gets very uncomfortable in any remotely warm temperature.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
That is exactly why I cannot understand or 'get' this very popular lingerie trend sold here in the states (okay, at least in No. California)- the extremely padded smooth line brassiere. A gal has to hunt for finding pretty and lacy brassieres with no padding these days!

Oh the embarrassment when you have to take it off given certain cirumstances... :eeek: :D

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
For the evening's Birthday [Pur]Suits: its my man's bday and he's having dinner with a relative in SF, and then back at his house for cake and ice cream and presents with me. While he's away at dinner I'll be at the house 'setting the stage'. I baked a cake per his request. Chocolate with walnuts, and spread with whipped cream with walnuts instead of traditional frosting.

When he arrives at the door, I'll be greeting him wearing a favourite of his that he really enjoys- me in my vintage 40s red/brown stroller fur coat. With gold heels, Nadri goldtone with clear crystals pendant necklace and matching drop earrings, similar design coordinating bracelet, gold Coach watch. He gets such a kick out of the vintage furs (I have six)!

For dessert, I'll have on a lovely 'lipstick' bright pink deep v neck pleated satin fitted dress from Nordstrom. A great cocktail 'little evening out' dress. I've only worn this dress one other time, we were meeting at our favourite ballroom/social dance haunt that night, and I got there first. I had told him earlier in the day when he got there to look for 'pink'. When he saw me in this dress, the first thing he said was 'Oh, my god...' :)

Dang! Can't find the digital camera here, will try to post a pic of me this dress when I can another time.

Last edited:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thank you kind souls! You made me smile.
My main inspiration was the divine Catherine Deneuve in Belle de Jour!
catherine.jpg

Then there's the perennial french maid/ school girl/ porcelain doll fascination, and lately the lovely blogger Elsa Billgren.
I enjoyed the expression "Cute as a bug's ear"! Never heard it before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran