Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Today.
IMAG0652.jpg

IMAG0647.jpg

IMAG0648.jpg

Yesterday.
IMAG0643.jpg

IMAG0644.jpg

Tuesday past.
IMAG0641.jpg

Well my vote is in....you look like a hollywood star, Edward, a dash of Yul Brynner goes a long ways for you. I even love those vintage eyeglasses! I know the very next time I am over your way, we will have to meet up!
Thanks for posting! Sharp!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Whew....I have a few minutes to finish here and then head to the airport today, but there are sure some very good pictures of people on this looking sharp!

Edward

Bartender
Well my vote is in....you look like a hollywood star, Edward, a dash of Yul Brynner goes a long ways for you. I even love those vintage eyeglasses! I know the very next time I am over your way, we will have to meet up!
Thanks for posting! Sharp!

Thank-you. Do indeed let us know if you are passing through London and I'll see if we can't get a bunch of local Loungers out. It's been a while since we last had an event...

Great look - love the ascot. Nice job.

Thank-you, Sir. I do enjoy a cravat. This is the first time I tried wearing the shirt collar over my jacket collar and lapels along with a cravat (as opposed to simply an open-neck shirt). I do rather like how it turned out with this particular collar (a modern shirt, but quite a spearpoint cut to the collar).

rue

Thank-you, Sir. I do enjoy a cravat. This is the first time I tried wearing the shirt collar over my jacket collar and lapels along with a cravat (as opposed to simply an open-neck shirt). I do rather like how it turned out with this particular collar (a modern shirt, but quite a spearpoint cut to the collar).

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't notice it until it was pointed out Edward, but you wear it very well :)

My "new" wool dress!
100_0269.jpg

Beautiful!! I love the whole look :D

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Vintage double breasted Brooks Brothers dark grey suit, vintage yellow paisley tie, vintage Brooks Brothers white shirt, vintage Florsheim wingtips, and Stetson Stratoliner hat.

Edward

Bartender
Vintage double breasted Brooks Brothers dark grey suit, vintage yellow paisley tie, vintage Brooks Brothers white shirt, vintage Florsheim wingtips, and Stetson Stratoliner hat.

I do like that Stratoliner... To my eye, the thin ribbon / bound brim combination really looks sharp.

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't notice it until it was pointed out Edward, but you wear it very well :)

Thank-you; it's not the clearest of photos, just a quick phone snap taken in the bathroom at the office!

Three excellent outfits Edward. I particularly like the coat and bow-tie combo in the second picture. The coat is a beauty and looks very fine on you. I have to say you do wear a hat/cap very well indeed.

Thank-you! I do like a hat.... I think I've gone out without one now three times in as many years (each of which I was dressed as a zombie or otherwise in some form of costume with which it did not fit). Feel naked without one! The coat is a Roderick Charles covert coat, from their Jermyn Street branch. One of my favourite clothese shops in all the world. Can't afford them normally, but their sales are wonderful. Picked that coat up last year for £200, down from £500. Currently eyeing up one in charcoal or navy in Charles Tyrwhitt.....

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I love this thread just because it's so full of variety and style.

Edward, I really like that last photo with the three piece suit and the shirt and the...What's that red thing? Is that a cravat? I really like that look. I wish I could pull it off, but I don't have a cravat...

Gene

Practically Family
This is actually from yesterday, but it was a Pilgrim fedora and Hollywood jacket kinda day.

fed.jpg

Yes, I was attempting to be monochrome!

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many

Lookin' sharp!

This is actually from yesterday, but it was a Pilgrim fedora and Hollywood jacket kinda day.

fed.jpg

Yes, I was attempting to be monochrome!

Diggin' it Gene. Love that jacket.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
What I wore to my Career Strategies class last night. It finally got cool enough for me to finally break out my '50s overcoat. The buttons were replaced sometime between now and then.
CIMG1908.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey, I like whatcha' got goin' on there, Gene. Not a bad name either!

----------------------

Here I am the other night off to a Rotary function - a vintage-themed fundraiser dinner deal.

'50s cashmere jacket, '50s NOS shirt, '40s tie and Disney fedora.

Shoes courtesy of 'Cookie' from Down Under. I still owe 'im one!

DSCN9322.jpg

Jay

Practically Family
IMG_0811-1-1.jpg

This was me yesterday. 1950s Stetson Royal, clubmaster knockoffs, 70s loopcollar shirt, 40s slacks and PF Flyers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24