Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Edward

Bartender
Today:
IMAG0665.jpg
IMAG0666.jpg
IMAG0664.jpg
IMAG0668.jpg
IMAG0669.jpg

(with apologies for the location of that last shot of the boot!)

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
That is a great outfit, Edward. The colors are just great. In my opinion (no offense, Gentleman(!)) the tie clip is rather unnecessary and I would have the tie a little bit longer, about two centimeters above the trouser button. But what do I know!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
for the upcoming weekend's events: I and the Mr. will be channeling the 1880s. My two teens will be channeling the Regency era.

I always wanted to create and sew myself a ball gown and I'm finally doing it. What a project! I'm also making my dd's evening gown.

Pics will be forthcoming.

Edward

Bartender
That is a great outfit, Edward. The colors are just great. In my opinion (no offense, Gentleman(!)) the tie clip is rather unnecessary and I would have the tie a little bit longer, about two centimeters above the trouser button. But what do I know!

Thank-you! The tie clip is there purely to stop me having a 'tie-flapping the wind'-induced moment of rage (it's one of those things I harbour an irrational hatred towards). ;) Tie is shorter than would be the norm these days. It's actually a modern tie. One of my favourites (and cost me all of about a Euro in a Beijing market). I had it, along with all my other modern ties (one or two still to do) shortened by about six inches, to match the length of one of my favourite original Thirties ties. I like my tie to be about three or four inches above the belt line ideally. I can live with it on it. What drives me daft though are modern ties which (unless you have a neck that's about 40") you either find yourself wearing somewhere down past your crotch, or you end up with a knot the size of your own head. ;) Heh.

I love these corduroys - the last couple of days have been their first wear of the season. They're plenty thick, ideal for Autumn / Winter. Bought them back in February, caught up a bit in a craze for them that swept through some of the New Sheridan Club. Not something I'd ever considered before, but when I saw how good they looked being worn, I went for it. Love them. Roderick Charles, Jermyn Street, in their sale - two pairs for GBP90 (my other pair are a green hue).

Jay

Practically Family
Seastar, AtomicEraTom, and Rue, thanks for all the fine compliments.

And LoveMyHats, the girl in the poodle skirt got stuck at work that day, hence the solo shot. Maybe next time.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Hatter Miller (Philadelphia) vintage custom hat
Penney's plaid mackinaw
shawl collar sweater
band collar workshirt
black cords
suede captoes
IMG_0162.jpg

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Lookin' very sharp this Autumn / Fall, ladies and gents!

Edward, you really carry off those cords well, mate – I had some wide wale cord trews made by a tailor many moons ago and always regretted giving them away, sad to say that was because I'd lost a lotta weight, but I've put it all back on in the intervening years!

Dinerman, a good friend of mine had a very similar jacket on this evening when I met him for a pint, my wife also has a natty ladies' version – would love a plaid mackinaw meself, but wearing the same colourway as my boss and my better half would seem a mite odd!

I was up in a seasonably warm and sunny London last night, DJing at a gig & aftershow (Jim Jones Review, Shepherd's Bush Empire), and so was dressed a very casually today, for the journey back... LVC sweat, my fave ten-year-old LVC 1944s, black horsehide engineer boots, Sam Walker Highwayman, Jaxon Big Apple cap, black embellished western belt & wristband – good, solid stuff for stomping around Brixton with a hangover! On the way back through the market, I stocked up on some of my fave everyday hot sauce, Crystal, and Portuguese semi-cured cooking chorizo, so I did at least manage to get my chores done... :D

303001_10150439955518755_645908754_10515766_314464148_n.jpg

312876_10150439957853755_645908754_10515803_1423458408_n.jpg

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
It was a chilly one. I applied for an enhanced ID down at the DMV and I wanted to look nice for the picture. I wore an ensemble built around Browns and blues. Brown Chinos, cool pattern Salaam Men's shirt, blue striped double breasted jacket, and a blue and gold striped tie, with my brown Knox Premier and a dark wool coat. I don't have a proper top coat, this is the only thing I could find that was long enough to wear over a jacket.

Meanwhile, my son wore my Stetson 3x to his school's halloween dance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24