Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

SteveAS

Practically Family
Only the eyeglass frames are vintage (models), but here 's me and my love at a recent Christmas party. Between my Champagne and my date, I seem to have been in quite a good mood!

DSC_4288crop.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Last of the Christmas parties tonight:

1955 Vintage Anderson and Shepard three piece in lovat blue, vintage 1940s quail tie, bespoke shirt, kum-apart snap cufflinks, late 19th century Hampden pocket watch, 1990s Johnston and Murphy leather and linen spectators, and my 1940s Dobbs 20.

400188203.jpg

400188190.jpg

With my better half in our local vintage store,

400188175.jpg

The first two photos were taken posing in front of the elevator in the wonderful Stangenwald Building on historic Merchant Street. Built in 1901 it was the tallest building in Honolulu until the 1950s.

450px-Honolulu-Stangenwald-bldg-tall.JPG

rue

Denso... very nice! Love that cardigan :)

Chasseur... you and your wife look lovely!

Floey.... you crack me up! You look dapper as well :)

and Marc.... no matter the quality of the picture, your style shines through. As always, well done!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Must...have...more...suits! HAHAHA"

PS: Variation of the same outfit but different sweatervest,tie and shirt. Excuse the crooked cuff on the trousers:
webdsc03777.jpg

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Last of the Christmas parties tonight:

1955 Vintage Anderson and Shepard three piece in lovat blue, vintage 1940s quail tie, bespoke shirt, kum-apart snap cufflinks, late 19th century Hampden pocket watch, 1990s Johnston and Murphy leather and linen spectators, and my 1940s Dobbs 20.

400188203.jpg

400188190.jpg

With my better half in our local vintage store,

400188175.jpg

The first two photos were taken posing in front of the elevator in the wonderful Stangenwald Building on historic Merchant Street. Built in 1901 it was the tallest building in Honolulu until the 1950s.

450px-Honolulu-Stangenwald-bldg-tall.JPG

I'd love to see you guys taking a few vintage snaps downtown at the Royal Hawaiin and the Moana Surfrider etc.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haha. No it was taken last Saturday before we visited a George Grosz exhibition in the Max Ernst Museum in Brühl. Grosz is one of my favourite artists.

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Great look! Let me guess. That photo was taken while you were studying in Cambridge back in 1932? Tell me: was Alan Turing really such an awkward chap as everybody keeps saying? ;)

Alan Turing was the first person that came to my mind too.

Great look FFF!

AntonAAK

Practically Family
As it happens I just read an interesting book about him called "The Man Who Knew Too Much" by David Leavitt.

I've read that, amongst many others. Good book. I directed a production of the play Breaking the Code, about Turing, last year and had to do a lot of research, including a trip to Bletchley Park which was fascinating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany