Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
What I wore to a Christmas party at my old job the other night.

1926 dated suit, NRA label overcoat, '20s glasses, '50s homburg, '40s tie, paul fredrick club collar shirt, 1910's cufflinks, AE cap toes and a collar bar of unknown vintage.

CIMG3939_zps11216b1a.jpg

CIMG3945_zps2f11abe8.jpg

The present I got from the "White elephant" secret santa party.
CIMG3941_zps7ffc64fb.jpg
Sir, 'LOVE the top-coat, suit, and the glasses! Spot on, TOP Notch!

simonc

Practically Family
first post

Hi first post, my name is Simon I live in London how are you?
uQtVo.jpg

Black Bear truckers jacket
Marines gab shirt
Hoggs shoes.

Last edited:

simonc

Practically Family
Thank you SCZ for your kind welcome, tell me does that lovely overcoat you wear have a half belt back? I am hunting now for one as lovely as yours.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Sadly, no belt on the back. THe material is Harris Tweed, and it is from the 1950's.

Harris Tweed creates some really nice patterns, and the tweed is pretty warm!!!

If you would like, I can post some close-up photos of the pattern tommorow, as it is night here... and my camera does not like artificial lighting, haha!

Hobart Arms

New in Town
Today I am wearing my amber Gracelines glasses with my mackinaw Chill Chaser jacket. I would also be wearing my Stacy Adams but those plus the snow and ice outside would be sure to make today the last day I would be around to post on here.

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
What i'm wearing today

Today i'm wearing a grey checked morning coat with vintage 1900's moleskin trousers and antique collarless shirt, waistcoat and black homburg

tumblr_mfcnqyNXGG1qhhvpco1_500.jpg

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Something different today, could be considered even historical in fact! I got many good and positive comments during the day, mostly from elderly women but there was a few younger ones and male persons too :). I was even jokingly called for August Strindberg (An Swedish author who lived in 1849-1912 and was supposedly a fan of frock coats).
F%C3%B6rfattaren_August_Strindberg_if%C3%B6rd_bonjour_-_Nordiska_Museet_-_NMA.0033020.jpg

FrockCoat-1_zpsd4b858fd.jpg

FrockCoatSpats_zpsb11447a1.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Something different today, could be considered even historical in fact! I got many good and positive comments during the day, mostly from elderly women but there was a few younger ones and male persons too :). I was even jokingly called for August Strindberg (An Swedish author who lived in 1849-1912 and was supposedly a fan of frock coats).
F%C3%B6rfattaren_August_Strindberg_if%C3%B6rd_bonjour_-_Nordiska_Museet_-_NMA.0033020.jpg

FrockCoat-1_zpsd4b858fd.jpg

FrockCoatSpats_zpsb11447a1.jpg

Strindberg has nothing on you. You look fabulous, but we have come to expect nothing less from you. Congratulations, you've done it again!!!

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
I second MD. ;)
However Garrulus, there were also plenty period types of glasses that were not circular. You might try glasses with an more oval shape or with a straight upper edge. If you go for the turn-of-century, teens and twenties style there were quite diverse shapes of glasses.

Period "eyewear" is a critical "final touch" for any wardrobe. :cool: An immaculate period outfit just looks a tad "odd" with modern glasses IMHO. Alternatively you might opt for contact lenses. ;)

Last edited:

Mr Badger

Practically Family
My wife and I motored down to the lovely seaside burgh of Lyme Regis for the nite, then on to the equally marvelous Bridport for a root about in the vintage shops, etc... because of the weather, I unfortunately had to curb my desire to sport some really good vintage pieces, but simply couldn't bear to wear my wax motorcycle jacket again (cripes, it's got some usage this year, it being the wettest on UK record!)... so I split the difference, wearing my unbelievably hardy 1940s Crombie (actually bought from a charity shop in Lyme), black moleskin 1920s-style jacket by Canterbury, blue wool waistcoat, blue 'pullover' style Aertex-ish shirt by Boden, vintage nailhead DAKS wool trousers, black Stacy Adams 'Madison' boots, vintage red w/white fleck knitted YSL tie, black leather Dent's gloves & black herringbone Jaxon 'Big Apple' cap...

148989_10152343466735471_1795821658_n.jpg

540311_10152343471850471_1029379695_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24