Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

It's a Pabst flat top can opener. They were popular little back-bar pieces when cans came out in the middle 30's.

9789909_1.jpg

Ok, NOW I know what that is. It looked like a spike mounted on a stand from the angle of the previous picture. :p

It's a Pabst flat top can opener. They were popular little back-bar pieces when cans came out in the middle 30's.

9789909_1.jpg

Hi Tom
Excellent condition piece of bar memorabila. The paint and lettering(pabst) look great. A great find for you and a great gift to your Dad.
Tom, on the phone, in the center, is the phone number still visible? In those days phone numbers were something like this 215-DE-6- 2201
It sure looks like you and your Brother,I mean your Dad.LOL had a great christmas together.. and thats what its all about.
Best regards.
CCJ

hatsHERE006.jpg

Hi All

Hat is Adams 3in brim. Shoes are beige and blue with broque design purchased at goodwill for $3 unmarked. Possibly 40-50 era?
The blazer,slacks and vest along with the dunhill tie and thomas pink shirt were purchased at salvation army store by my Daughter, all for under $35.00. So while not vintage, the price was great and my Daughter is dressing me in style. LOL
She loves finding us bargains...
Best regards and Happy Holidays.
CCJ
You are sure a blessed Father..in many ways CCJ.
Merry Christmas
HD

Thank you. We're both brewery collectors, Pabst in particular. He remembers one of the bars in town having one and has wanted one for years. They come up, but we just never buy one, so I made sure to get him one this year. The phone number is visible on the dial card on the 302. It's in the other room, but I remember the exchange was ALpine something.

My favorite part of Christmas this year was my gift to my sister. She's a big Waylon Jennings fan and I got her a framed autographed picture. She's not a very emotional person when it comes to things like that and she was so grateful she started crying. It was nice to know a gift had such an impact on somebody.

Hi Tom
Excellent condition piece of bar memorabila. The paint and lettering(pabst) look great. A great find for you and a great gift to your Dad.
Tom, on the phone, in the center, is the phone number still visible? In those days phone numbers were something like this 215-DE-6- 2201
It sure looks like you and your Brother,I mean your Dad.LOL had a great christmas together.. and thats what its all about.
Best regards.
CCJ

Dad held it like that hoping that more people would be able to tell what it is, but we both knew nobody would know what it was lol

Ok, NOW I know what that is. It looked like a spike mounted on a stand from the angle of the previous picture. :p

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Hey, Two Types – yup, it's chocolate-ish, Cravenette-processed gab with a mouton collar, grey wool liner and green quilted satin inside the sleeves – no maker's tag, tho'. Took weeks to get it back from the dry cleaners', some pretty terrible staining, now it's fresh as a daisy, though mysteriously with a two-inch nail-like scrape on one sleeve that wasn't there before... grrr! Still, not bad for a coat that's gotta be over 60 years old! Just gotta get the shoulder pads reduced, as when I'm wearing a formal suit underneath it, the shoulders on the coat are up around me ears – I look like one of The Anthill Mob! Should give me a much needed extra inch or so in the arm length...

Here's what looks like pretty much the same coat, in a medium, for sale on the 'bay. Oh, and a much more expensive version in blue that's got a Laskin label so I guess mine could be the same maker...

BTW, Dinerman, you look brilliant! :eusa_clap

I'd SO love to be able to go thrifting right now, I've been tortured by watching American Pickers and seeing blogs like Dinerman's! :p

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy