Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Went to our annual diplomatic ball last night, so white tie and tails for me and a 1930s style Vecona Vintage bias-cut evening gown for my wife.

405603668.jpg

Chasseur, let me say, sir: impeccable! You are the best dressed man in that bottom photo by a mile! Any chance of us seeing more close ups on that white tie ensemble of yours? You're a walking master class in formal attire. Simply fantastic!

Hi all; I'm still alive and still dressing dapper when I can, but I've been rather consumed with other stuff lately, mostly real life, so haven't had a chance to take pictures. Cheers!
G&T

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Mr. G. I must agree with you on that jacket ,you don't find a jacket like that in any big box store today!

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

It's true, you don't find anything like that today, not with that amount of details. Actually the jackets in the picture are not vintage at all, they both have been recently tailored in Stockholm and you can make a order of one through a vintage store. Price for one would be 600usd.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Today it was a light blue polo shirt, off-white chinos, and at times, a brown 1950s McGregor Anti-Freeze jacket. I may wear my mid-grey suit and a tie to church on sunday.

What kind of homburg is that, Splintercell? Mine was a Stetson St. Regis with a light grey color, until I changed it into a fedora. I'd just wear it more that way, so it seemed practical. I don't think I'm a homburg kind of guy, come to think of it.

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Today it was a light blue polo shirt, off-white chinos, and at times, a brown 1950s McGregor Anti-Freeze jacket. I may wear my mid-grey suit and a tie to church on sunday.

What kind of homburg is that, Splintercell? Mine was a Stetson St. Regis with a light grey color, until I changed it into a fedora. I'd just wear it more that way, so it seemed practical. I don't think I'm a homburg kind of guy, come to think of it.

It is a 30s Campbell Deluxe, and some pics can be found here. Homburgs do take some getting used to!

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Interesting modern bespoke jacket by Jonathan Smith of Bespoke Carolina - I love the pattern matching and the width of the lapels - these have a buttonhole in each lapel - seems I have seen this on a couple of vintage jackets. Not sure what purpose the right hand one would serve, but it is interesting.
IMG_0159_zpsa14f4f09.jpg

Cochese

New in Town
Today being Saturday and errand day were off to the races.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DSCN1627_zpsd6701dbb.jpg

DSCN1628_zps1884d124.jpg

Did your pants come with the suspender buttons or did you have them added?

My nice suit has them, however I've been doing some bargain hunting at a certain department store and I'd like to add them to the pants.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Chasseur, let me say, sir: impeccable! You are the best dressed man in that bottom photo by a mile! Any chance of us seeing more close ups on that white tie ensemble of yours? You're a walking master class in formal attire. Simply fantastic!

Hi all; I'm still alive and still dressing dapper when I can, but I've been rather consumed with other stuff lately, mostly real life, so haven't had a chance to take pictures. Cheers!
G&T

G&T,

Thank you for the kind words, here are some more photos from past operas and balls. I'll try to take some details photos of both this one and my 1930s three piece DJ.

405603658.jpg

400740146.jpg

400740148.jpg

395201992.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I wore this to church yesterday.
The suit is a Tom James Photometric, very nice suit but the pants are bit too short. I will have them fixed in time.

5mc1umD.jpg

Hi Hamilcar Barca, that's a nice suit regardless, but you mentioned your pants are a little short. One of my suits has the same length on me; it was made in the 1960s for my shorter grandfather. How would one go about lengthening the pant length? If you know what it entails, I would appreciate the advice. Thank you!

Also, what are members' thoughts on the shorter pants look, or no break? Is it ever acceptable or correct? The suit I was talking about is just a little bit over the no break definition, which is why I brought up my question. They look OK with ankle boots, but high while just wearing shoes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy