Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

metropd

One Too Many
Leonard Leroy said:
wayweveryday.jpg

I love my schott perfecto.

waywttuck-1.jpg

and white shirts.

I am very glad you are bringing something new to the lounge. You look very stylish.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
Today was the first day of the year that I could smell the grass which mean hayfever season is starting. I mean it's nearing summer.

DSC00062.jpg

With...

DSC00063.jpg

Gorgeous! I would live in this type of look.

Leonard Leroy

New in Town
metropd said:
I am very glad you are bringing something new to the lounge. You look very stylish.

Thanks, thanks.

I post on this community every now and then, normally with questions. Usually I follow up with a fit pic. I have a lot of respect for that which has a lot of history, such as the schott perfecto. I like classic things which are timeless. But I'm a young whipper snapper, and it makes no sense for me to look old while wearing such pieces, it's just not flattering. I try my best to have respect for what is already established, but show that new things can continue to be found in what's already there.

Everyone, young and old, seems to assign a "punk aesthetic" to the jacket, but my inspiration for getting one (aside from a good deal) was this:

sketches.jpg

And of course, brando and dean, and all that jazz, but those are big shoes to fill.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
This morning at a gas station a fellow saw me in my full outfit including hat and sunglasses and asked: "FBI agent?" Which kind of made my day (especially considering my Eliot Ness avatar). :)

Burberry DB ventless navy blazer with gold buttons
Light gray cuffed wool trousers
Bullock & Jones white Sea Island cotton spread-collar French cuff shirt
Jos. A. Bank zig-zag patterned tie in gold and brown
Waterman red marble gold-capped ballpoint pen, shirt breast pocket
Gold patterned silk pocket square, puff fold
Lemon-colored carnation, right lapel
Trafalgar dark gold patterned braces
Vintage cufflinks, intricately etched squares on plain gold circle background

2339948180102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Silver pocket watch, left trouser pocket, silver chain attached to trouser waistband
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Jos. A. Bank charcoal patterned OTC socks
AE Delray brown suede split-toe lacups
Vintage Stetson blue-grey fedora with black band, dark grey and white feathers
Oakley sunglasses
Lawman attitude, apparently

Leonard Leroy; I'm loving the look, very much so :)

Paddy; I have to agree, you both look fantastic!

Ruby; Thank you very much, it was so lovely yesterday I felt I had to make an effort to be summery while I have the chance. And comfortable with the slippers of course.

Note; I did change into shoes when I left the house.

Today I was channeling Sandy...

DSC00066.jpg

lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
So many nice outfits!

I love the hits of red in your outfit DDD, and are those espadrilles?

Paddy, that suit is gorgeous and I covet that blouse Lola--so pretty!

Great cufflinks PM!

ChazVanEyck

New in Town
Leonard Leroy said:
Thanks, thanks.

I post on this community every now and then, normally with questions. Usually I follow up with a fit pic. I have a lot of respect for that which has a lot of history, such as the schott perfecto. I like classic things which are timeless. But I'm a young whipper snapper, and it makes no sense for me to look old while wearing such pieces, it's just not flattering. I try my best to have respect for what is already established, but show that new things can continue to be found in what's already there.

Can't argue with that! :)

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Great cufflinks PM!

Thank you kindly!

It was interesting, I went back today to the closing Green Bay men's store The Haberdasher, which Marty and I exchanged a few messages about last week. I went back to score a suit which had stayed on my mind since last week, an ecru tic weave marked down from $695.00 to $99.99 (and I did indeed pick it up). This time the owner Steve Van Buren was on hand, which he hadn't been last time, but I've seen him in the store many times before.

I noticed again what I've noticed before: Mr. Van Buren treats me like a total non-entity. Without making too great a claim, it's fair to say that I'm one of the more distinctively dressed businessmen in NE Wisconsin; today I was sporting grey fedora, pocket square, boutonniere, but not a word about all that did Mr. Van Buren say, nor has he ever. By contrast, every time I drop by Zegers Clothiers in De Pere, Don Zegers says, "Patrick, you're looking sharp as a tack today!" Makes me feel good. Makes me want to buy.

I don't think it's me: I think Mr. Van Buren is stand-offish with everyone except multiple repeat customers who are known to have mucho dinero. No one else counts. That's not a formula for success in retail, and it didn't prove to be.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Patrick Murtha said:
<snip>
By contrast, every time I drop by Zegers Clothiers in De Pere, Don Zegers says, "Patrick, you're looking sharp as a tack today!" Makes me feel good. Makes me want to buy.

I don't think it's me: I think Mr. Van Buren is stand-offish with everyone except multiple repeat customers who are known to have mucho dinero. No one else counts. That's not a formula for success in retail, and it didn't prove to be.

:eek:fftopic: I worked retail 10 years, and in one location, I worked with the biggest do-nothing snobs in the lowest quality chain retail store. I repeatedly hit 10x my quota. And I gave the other girls my customer sales to boot. But whenever a "not fancy" customer walked in the door, they would ignore that person unless directly confronted. :rage:

One day a woman came in and was very badly dressed, and very quiet. I asked her what she was looking for, and she responded "anything on sale; preferably the lowest price possible". It turned out she liked to purchase in quantity for a woman's shelter and donate gifts of clothing anonymously. She started buying from me in mass quantity, and before I quit, she was buying up to $500/week in marked down items! She was loaded; just was extraordinarily generous and liked to buy for others. :eek: It never hurts to treat people with respect....

/off soapbox

Vintage Betty

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
04042008.jpg

Borsalino Diamante Dark Green Fedora
Mastercrafted scalloped pocketed and action backed tweed jacket
Generic Pilot's shirt
What Price Glory "US Leather Watchband with Cover"
Banana Republic plaque belt
Gap thin wale cords
Cole Haan boots resoled to resemble Alden 405s

Resortes85: Looking very sharp

Paddy: Top draw as usual

JEEP

Practically Family
Looking sharp there Riley Dee :eusa_clap

Could you might be persuaded into posting some close-ups of that watch-band? It looks quite interesting.

/Jakob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy