Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

MissS

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
Lucky Strike - you look great as usual, love the shoes! I have a serious case of watch-envy..

Finally friday, can't wait to get of work!

Dark grey stretch skirt from Wolford
White shirt with black accents from Zara
Black belt (buckle turned around on back) from a dress
Black patent mary-janes

DSC01530.jpg

And when are you not gorgeous?

Panache

A-List Customer
The weather here in Northern California is just perfect and this evening I am going to meet up with some other Kilted gents and there lovely ladies for some lovely refreshing beverages.

I thought that a khaki military inspired oufit would be fun:

DSC05846.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Today for the first time in my life I wore a bow tie. I mean, a real bow tie. Not some clip-on job for a school dance. Of course I had to practice last night tying it as I had zero experience, but I finally got the hang of it and I was feeling very confident. Then this morning I almost chickened out. But I had just gotten the spectators in the mail, and I really had to do the whole suit right. Amazingly I received great response from my supervisors and co-workers.

I discovered that wearing a real bow tie for a length of time comes with challenges. It moves around quite a bit and it loosens up easily, so I just had to stop by the hallway mirror a few extra times during the day to keep it neat and tidy. And the shoes are great! They look nice and they are very comfortable.

Taupe suit, cream dress shirt
Gray/rust/black waistcoat
Red patterned bow tie
Tan/green/gray argyle socks
Brown and white spectators
Gold and tiger eye wraparound cuff links
Pocket watch with home-made fob
White cotton hanky
Brown satin suspenders
Putty fedora with brown ribbon

15100313544.jpg

15100313656.jpg

15100313695.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
Today for the first time in my life I wore a bow tie. I mean, a real bow tie. Not some clip-on job for a school dance. Of course I had to practice last night tying it as I had zero experience, but I finally got the hang of it and I was feeling very confident. Then this morning I almost chickened out. But I had just gotten the spectators in the mail, and I really had to do the whole suit right. Amazingly I received great response from my supervisors and co-workers.

I discovered that wearing a real bow tie for a length of time comes with challenges. It moves around quite a bit and it loosens up easily, so I just had to stop by the hallway mirror a few extra times during the day to keep it neat and tidy. And the shoes are great! They look nice and they are very comfortable.

Taupe suit, cream dress shirt
Gray/rust/black waistcoat
Red patterned bow tie
Tan/green/gray argyle socks
Brown and white spectators
Gold and tiger eye wraparound cuff links
Putty fedora with brown ribbon

15100313544.jpg

15100313656.jpg

15100313695.jpg

I think this is one of my favorite outfits from you. I think the color of the suits fits you perfectly and the red bowtie is a fabulous 'dot over the i'. The spectators look really great, did they fit well enough?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
Darhling, are you fond of Wolford's pencil skirts? They look like they have a good fit.

I do like them and they have a really good fit, I like that they go slightly in towards your knees. BUT they are very tight, the model I am wearing is Taisha and I think there is a slightly more loose model called Daytona which I have plans on trying. Here is the pic from Wolfords own website of the skirt I am wearing from the back (it's almost a 'wiggle-skirt'!). What I like about them is the stretchyness, the pull in your tummy and sits really well, it is also quite long, so you can easily have it high at the waist but still hit below your knees.

taisha.jpg

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
The Wolford website is bookmarked...;)

Thanks for kind words, all!

I'll try to show my face more often, but auto-photography isn't very flattering when it comes to facial expressions, I'm afraid...so here's me yesterday, doing my Zoolander impression:

DSC04945.jpg

DSC04936.jpg
DSC04928.jpg

DSC04934.jpg

(I took off the tie and opened my shirt cuffs to walk from work to the opera in the evening - stiflingly hot.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy