Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

pgoat

One Too Many
Hemingway Jones said:

Cool look!
I really like the contrasting vest thing...I wanted to pick up a green or tan one from Paul Stuart earlier this year, but didn't have the scratch....I went back a month or so ago, but they didn't have them anymore (?)

I saw a light tan one on Brooks Bros. site on clearance after that, but my wife talked me out of it.....kinda wish I'd ignored her on that one (Only $50!)

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
This was yesterday:

picture086ha3.jpg

picture092bh5.jpg

kiltie

Practically Family
StaceFace

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I want to give a fawning compliment to the pics above, but I'm pretty sure I can't without making a ( bigger ) fool of myself. BOY, oh boy... Very nice. Neat location, to boot!

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
kiltie said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I want to give a fawning compliment to the pics above, but I'm pretty sure I can't without making a ( bigger ) fool of myself. BOY, oh boy... Very nice. Neat location, to boot!

Thanks a bunch :eek:. I'm actually at the Durham Museum where I volunteer in the soda fountain.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
pgoat said:
Cool look!
I really like the contrasting vest thing...I wanted to pick up a green or tan one from Paul Stuart earlier this year, but didn't have the scratch....I went back a month or so ago, but they didn't have them anymore (?)...
Thanks, this was a new thing for me, putting this together. I am sure you will find something. Keep an eye out on J Crew's sale stuff. They had some interesting waistcoats this fall.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
'36-'39 black wool "Guardsmen" overcoat- sold by Colwell Brothers- The English Departmental Shop of Halifax

'20s or '30s black herringbone jacket- no labels

'30s "Made in Hollywood" black polka dot tie

1934 Chicago worlds Fair Tie

Gray Flannel Trousers

Green shirt with curling stone cufflinks

7x stetson
IMG_3207.jpg
IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3209.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
'36-'39 black wool "Guardsmen" overcoat- sold by Colwell Brothers- The English Departmental Shop of Halifax

I notice you fasten your scarf the newfangled modern way.:eek: Do you prefer this to the 'wrap round the sides' method or the plain old 'cravat' method? :D

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Creeping Past said:
I notice you fasten your scarf the newfangled modern way.:eek: Do you prefer this to the 'wrap round the sides' method or the plain old 'cravat' method? :D

It's a veeeeeery long scarf.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Dressing up today :)

IMG00290.jpg

Gray fedora

Classic 3 button, camel hair Brooks Bros jacket in tan,gray and black with a maroon windowpane.

A maroon shirt

A gray and maroon tie (from A&E's Nero Wolfe collection)

Maroon pocket silk

A gray flannel trousers

A 1933 Waltham wristwatch.

Sorry for the less than optimal quality of the pic. Cell phone!

donCarlos

Practically Family
Today´s experiment:

2008_11060003.jpg

It´s just a ordinary shirt and pants with a sweater and scarf. And the coat, of course. I think it´s appropriate for a field investigation for school.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
This is what I wore today. I think I was feeling rockabilly? Not quite sure.
I know my crinoline is showing--- I wanted it that way ;) I think it looks cute and frilly. I made the skirt.

20081106_0037-1.jpg
20081106_0038-1.jpg
20081106_0036-1.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Very nice. I think the experiment went well.
donCarlos said:
Today´s experiment:

2008_11060003.jpg

It´s just a ordinary shirt and pants with a sweater and scarf. And the coat, of course. I think it´s appropriate for a field investigation for school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran