Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
This went over pretty well in the Hat section so I'll show it here too. :D

Knox Twenty fedora, thrift store waist coat, shirt (and Bostonian wingtip shoes out of frame).

DSC_0013.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you, gents.

The Shooman said:
Very good looking stuff Alan C.

l'm not such a fan of the shoes, what are they?

No question you won the shoe battle with your J&M Handmades. I'd love to have a pair. I'm wearing Allen Edmonds Sohos.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
No photo, but I'm wearing workboots, baggy blue jeans with turned up cuffs, blue denim Western type shirt, blue jean jacket, and my ultimate "western fedora" Bailey hat.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Kools, you always look perfect in your pics, along with your backgrounds. I look forward to your posts in this thread.

Cheers!

kools

Practically Family
Thanks, Thunder for the encouragement. I was afraid that I may be monopolozing the thread now that I've figured out how to use my camera.

kools

Practically Family
Thanks all for the encouragement. I'm not really a big fan of a "50s look" myself...trying to stay more in the late '40s, but find a lot of early '50s that do the trick.

As for the photo backdrops...my house is a good-sized stone ranch built in 1953. Built by a rather prominent guy in the neighborhood. We've done a lot to restore it.

Today: Grey single breasted 3 button suit dated January 12, 1948. Flat-front pants; 22" around cuff.
1940s stripe tie
AE Lloyd-burgundy

P1020485.jpg

Reading February, 1948 Esquire.

P1020473.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Yesterday:
swiss overcoat, scarf, skinny black jeans, stetson, gloves, bean boots

IMG_1809.jpg

the skinny coat with a very high beltline and the skinny pants make me look even taller.
I was walking downtown with a friend (she has quite the sense of style as well, though quite different than my own), and we were stopped by a lady who told us how nice it was to see young people with such individuality, and how dapper we both were.

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Normal sort of day here at the Grindstone
Bookster Burgundy Moleskins with Fishtail rear and button fly
Thurston Barathea Braces
Vintage link armbands
Lewin Luxury weave shirt
Lewin Tie
Loake Suede brogues
Hilditch and Key Socks and Thurston sock suspenders
Esquire Tweed Hacking Jacket
Pakeman Catto Carter Tweed cap
RBH
EsquireTweedJacket003.jpg

EsquireTweedJacket004.jpg

Feb192009005.jpg

just_me

Practically Family
AlanC - absolutely fantastic sweater. How old is it?

Sir RBH - I have two questions (probably dumb), but what is moleskin (is it like suede?) and do you wear the sock suspenders to complete a vintage outfit or do you really need them to hold up your socks? Looking good BTW.

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
just_me said:
[
Sir RBH - I have two questions (probably dumb), but what is moleskin (is it like suede?) and do you wear the sock suspenders to complete a vintage outfit or do you really need them to hold up your socks? Looking good BTW. [/COLOR]

Thank you for the question. Moleskin is cotton with a brushed feel to it. Heavy weight and very durable.
Sock Suspenders. Well its both really. I hate my socks falling down but I like wearing sock suspenders to compliment my trad style.. so its a chicken and egg situation I suppose.
Certainly I cant stand not wearing sock suspenders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran