Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Who can resist a bit of Audrey..

Alden & Diamondback - Thank you VERY much.

I am off to SingSing to visit Sally Tomato ;) ..

DSC_0058-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
The Audrey look is very elegant on you!

Love the lines of this understated dress on you- the minimal jewelry, basic pumps and an updo are perfect for the dress. Good show! All us gals need at least one great little black dress...

Darhling said:

DSC_0058-1.jpg

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:

DSC_0058-1.jpg

You know, usually I try not to fawn over random women on the internet because it can be kinda creepy, but damn...

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling, what I really need to know is how you manage to walk around in such high heels every day? :D Do you work sitting down, or? I'd manage it for a regular day at the U because I just bike to there and sit down during lectures, but if it was a field trip to a museum (those tend to be long and hard on the feet), I'd die! lol

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
Darhling, what I really need to know is how you manage to walk around in such high heels every day? :D Do you work sitting down, or? I'd manage it for a regular day at the U because I just bike to there and sit down during lectures, but if it was a field trip to a museum (those tend to be long and hard on the feet), I'd die! lol

Practice! I live in heels because I love them! In the right pair I could walk Strøget twice - easily! I have a 5 inch pair from Louboutin that I can walk for miles in, but it seriously depends on great quality shoes, a perfect fit and cushiony insoles. I have walked around Louvre for hours in them and back and forth to the hotel.

Thank you to all, I really appreciate your kind words :)

Gutshot - you made me laugh very loud and un-ladylike lol

macollins

New in Town
I'm wearing my great-grandmother's pink floral print cardigan with a white lace cami. I also have on some rolled up jeans (greaser style) and leopard print flats and a pair of vintage pearl earrings.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:
Practice! I live in heels because I love them! In the right pair I could walk Strøget twice - easily! I have a 5 inch pair from Louboutin that I can walk for miles in, but it seriously depends on great quality shoes, a perfect fit and cushiony insoles. I have walked around Louvre for hours in them and back and forth to the hotel.

Thank you to all, I really appreciate your kind words :)

Gutshot - you made me laugh very loud and un-ladylike lol

Regardless of practice, regardless of quality, my feet just slide forward in heels that high, and my toes curl and I get cramps in my feet after 3 hours. No more than 8 cm. for me. lol

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
Regardless of practice, regardless of quality, my feet just slide forward in heels that high, and my toes curl and I get cramps in my feet after 3 hours. No more than 8 cm. for me. lol

I would be lying if I said I never pack a pair of ballerina flats every once in a while, if I know I am going to be walking for a loo-ooong time. :) Besides I am supershort, so I like the extra height!

Gut-Shot - I hope that's true!!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
^ Diamondback - lol

Today I met up with the lovely Swedish ladies and we had so much fun!! I took my dog with me since he has a crush on Cherry Lips.

Stop Staring dress
blue satin shoes
seamed stockings
dog on a leash Vargas style! ;)

DSC_0081.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Marc Chevalier said:
Amen, brother. Someday, though, someone is going to make a small fortune by accurately reproducing the vintage ones. It shouldn't be rocket science.

Agreed. I wish one of the current hatters would give it a shot.

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Pics to come!

Today I wore a Malibu Clothiers charcoal gray twill 4/6 DB suit with no break on the trouser legs and a flat front. I had a long collar shirt like the kind worn in the 70s as part of the 30s revival, it was white with plain buttoning cuffs. For a tie, I wore a dark green almost black short tie from the thirties, the kind that when even tied in a half Windsor, does not reach the belt line of my somewhat high-waisted trousers. It had medium polka dots and is moderately wide about three or so inches at the bottom. For shoes, I wore light caramel brown cap-toes with closed lacing and by way of socks, knee high spring green socks with fuchsia paisleys in a large and bold pattern. I also wore my grandfather's platinum eagle breast pin which is very small and has a screw back. The eagle has a diamond chip in its breast. Aside from that, I also wore four rings, one, my favourite ring, an art deco white gold ring with saphire on my pinkie and an interesting ring finger ring in silver which my grandfather also gave me and aside from that, on my left ring finger a plain sea-foam jade band ring and on my right pointer finger, a rather broad silver band ring. In my breast pocket, I had my Irish linen pocket kerchief folded neatly into a square and, of course, my white straw hat with black silk hat band.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
TessTrueheart said:
You looked absolutely marvellous today, Darhling!

Her is little old me:
DSC_0113.jpg

This reminds me so much of Dior in the 40s!! the amazing touches with the perfect lenght of gloves, 3 strand pearl necklace and the 'Dior' pose makes it perfect :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24