Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Lexybeast and Torpedo - you both look very sharp.
Ever since I got my highwaisted tweed trousers from Petermans, I have worn them with my vintage RAF suspenders every day. It's a pleasure!
Add a nice paleblue shirt, a cravat and the ol' Irvin - and I am ready for action.:)

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
PADDY said:
Garden002-1.jpg

Looking good Paddy. Tell me - is that a B!Wear cap?

mike

Call Me a Cab
Spitfire said:
Lexybeast and Torpedo - you both look very sharp.
Ever since I got my highwaisted tweed trousers from Petermans, I have worn them with my vintage RAF suspenders every day. It's a pleasure!
Add a nice paleblue shirt, a cravat and the ol' Irvin - and I am ready for action.:)

Tweed Peterman trousers!? LET'S SEE 'EM PUH-LEEEZ! :D

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Trying to recover today from our family having been at the West Coast Ragtime Festival that was held in Sacramento, CA on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Yes, we pulled our children out of school on Friday to go to this. Many of the dancers there wore vintage inspired or vintage outfits.

Of course the night I went all out (Saturday evening) arrayed in my satin and lace with pearls Gibson Girl inspired outfit that I had made, I left my camera in our hotel room! aarggh... However, I did ask someone there to snap a few pics, so hopefully I can get one soon. My husband and son that night wore their white tie and tails, and our daughter wore her vintage 20s black velvet dress with ermine neckline trim.

For Friday and Saturday day wear I wore late 1800s style high neck fitted tops (called waists) and long very full skirts, that I made from Past Patterns. I did get a pic taken by my husband of my Friday outfit, will try to post it soon. I had made the day outfits originally for a 2006 church production of "The Christmas Schooner". Last week I altered all the pieces to fit me to wear.

The Festival was beyond incredible- we heard Ragtime (and lots of Gershwin too) music Friday from noon to 11pm, Sat. 9am-11pm and Sunday 9am-6pm. One of the highlights of the weekend was a duet set performed Saturday evening by two amazing male pianists, Frederick Hodges and Richard Dowling. For the finale of the set they played a 20 minute long "Fantasia" suite based on themes from George Gershwin's "Porgy and Bess". We were all cheering and clapping after each of their pieces like attendees at a modern rock concert, most especially after the final piece of course- I think they were both very surprised by the WCRF attendee's reactions! I ended up being hoarse the next day from it and kept losing my voice when I tried to speak!

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
This weekend we went to the Rhythm Riot weekender in Camber Sands, UK. What a great time we all had, here are my outfits from Saturday and Sunday, and my partners.

I only recognised one the FL girls, Fleur de Guerre, she looked great can't wait to see her posts.

I wore a 1930's dress with Clarks suede shoes, 1940's sailors trousers, Zara top & DKNY canvas shoes. My partner wore Sear's dungaree's with a white dress shirt on Saturday, and a stripey shirt by Hooch & Osh Kosh cap on Sunday.
camber1.jpg

camber4.jpg

camber3.jpg

camber2.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
The weather is finally starting to cool here in the desert. Today I wore a double breasted brown suit with a checked shirt, glen plaid waist coat, and a vintage bow tie. The hat is the Dobbs Fifth Ave., and the glasses are cheap clubmaster-style knockoffs. One shot at arm's length with the cell phone, and the other in the car window for that fun house effect.

SSPX0138-CROP.jpg

SSPX0141-CROP.jpg

Edit: Not seen - brown satin braces, and brown-on-brown plain-toe saddle oxfords.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Today was a good hair day and I am wearing nothing vintage.. but I figured.. I will post anyways... :D

Wend1.jpg

Wend.jpg

Im wearing black pumps.. but had to run out the door cause I was running late lol (story of my life)

DARHLING- You look STUNNING as usual! I just love checking your blog to see if you posted your outfits!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thank you darlings!! I am really pleased with it, especially since that was taken after way past 1 am in the morning..

Lela - I am sad to say my entire blog is gone and I had to start from scratch a few days ago, so it doesn't have many posts yet.. It was a sad day. 2 years of work gone! But keep checking it is getting bigger and better by the day!

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
The other night with my girl after a movie. She's shy so not picture of her sadly...

1004092150.jpg

White custom tunic shirt, French cuffs; silver and amber enamel cuff-links. Mr. Daswani (the shirt) Antiquities dealer (the cuff-links)

White spread detachable collar; sterling silver Swank front stud, gold Snug Back back collar stud/clip. Mr. Daswani (the collar). Antiquities dealer and Swap-Meet (the studs)

Gray Malibu Clothes Beverly Hills flat-front trousers, no cuff (they go to a 6X4 4 buttoning high-gorge DB suit that I LOVE). No break on the trousers, but not Thom Browne short either, ick. I never like a break on my trousers

Rhodium plated 1890s model Waltham pocket watch (16) and steel and silver braided single Albert chain (like a hair chain but of steel) with silver fixtures and a silver Athenian tetradrachm as my drop-fob.

Green hounds-tooth check with over rust coloured window-pane hacking jacket; three buttons, semi-roll lapel; Wynbrier by Stanley Blacker. GOD BLESS GOODWILL!

Custom dark canary yellow (mustardy) linen silk, linen weave fabric DB 2X5 selvage buttoned vest with notched lapel and four pockets (from an 1890s style I saw in a plate). Mr. Daswani.

Brown with orange and blue Harris tweed cap from Britain. Hollywood Hatters (he's a shyster but the girl there gives me discounts on everything)

Fuchsia socks (ribbed) Bloomingdales

Caramel brown closed laced cap-toes (leather soles, I don't know the make, they were thrift shopped)

Autumnal (pumpkinish) orange silk pocket scarf with three rows of paired burgundy stripes, Macy's or Bloomingdales some years ago....

White washed silk with braided silk loops custom made braces purchased from an acquaintance at a costumer's sell-off a year or two ago. They're GORGEOUS! (I usually wear white braces or an old button on brown and gray and golden striped pair I picked up at Target years ago that I LOVE; DAMN THEM FOR STOPPING PRODUCTION OF GOOD BRACES!)

This is my favourite outfit but I usually wear it with a stock imperial collar and a cravat or bow-tie or neck-tie in some coordinating colour and pattern. I really want a nice homburg or bowler to go with it, I had one but my old man took off with it and I haven't seen it since...UGH. This is also basically what I wear when riding but with green jodhpurs with brown leather knee patches, gray leather E. German officer's gauntlets, my riding crop and always a cravat, no ties. I currently wear it with black dress boots but am saving for tan or caramel brown dress boots (dress polo boots)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
at WCRF last weekend

worn Friday last at the West Coast Ragtime Festival:
The navy blue velvet waist with black lace trim was from Macy's. I significantly retailored it to look more Victorian/Edwardian- the sleeves were narrowed, and the original buttons were removed and smaller and several more fancier buttons replaced them. The sides and back were narrowed to give mimic a period silhouette. The navy and red patterned skirt is an recreation of a late 1880s pattern, made of heavy drapery weight fabric. Worn with a waist cincher and heavy cotton long petticoat.
378518031.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy