Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Bugsy

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
more from the West Coast Ragtime Festival last weekend: my chocolate brown Victorian outfit I made for Saturday evening. I had the lace corset already, but I built in the large satin sleeves, and added the beaded trim all around the front and back neckline. Then made the matching long 1880s satin skirt with faux fur trim. Worn with a long strand of pearls, a five row pearl choker and pearl cuff bracelet, pearl drop earrings, and long white gloves with vintage looking buttons. Not the best of pictures, but what I had that was taken by someone there as I didn't have my camera with me that night.

Me as a Gibson Girl-
378540912.jpg

Here we are all decked out as a family-
378540914.jpg

Sheer perfection!!!:eusa_clap

CliffG

One of the Regulars
Home for lunch, it was cooler this morning so I wore a Mars cardigan sweater and my cashmere topcoat and Stevens gold bond beaver hat. The pants, shoes and shirt are new. It warmed up enough that I left the topcoat home when I went back to work.

Cliffsovercoat.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks sweetie! My husband I think is a bit jealous of our son Daniel (age 13) in that HE has a vintage beaver top hat and Dad doesn't!

Hamilton_Honey said:
Chanteuse Carey:

I have to chime in and agree that you look so lovely and so does your family! Can I say "lovely" about men? Well, I guess I just did...

So well done and you all seem to be having such a good time together - that is even better than your fabulous style!

Maguire

Practically Family
It was my father's birthday so we threw him a surprise birthday party at a restaurant. I wore that 2 dollar suit i got last year.

DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2088.jpg

Finally got to bust out the wool overcoat along with it!

Yes indeed!

Mr Maguire - I'd buy that for 2 bucks! You look fabulous!

To Everyone Here - when I begin to feel a little doubtful about the rest of the world I just come here and have a look at you all - it makes my day!

Whether you spent 2 bucksor 2 thousand bucks, that fact that you *care* and enjoy looking nice is very encouraging :)

Bugsy

One Too Many
Maguire said:
It was my father's birthday so we threw him a surprise birthday party at a restaurant. I wore that 2 dollar suit i got last year.

DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2088.jpg

Finally got to bust out the wool overcoat along with it!

WOW, that suit would be worth it twice the price. ;) You look wonderful. Was your rather really surprised??

Maguire

Practically Family
Why thank you all, it certainly is the best buy i've made on the internet. And just to give you an idea, when it came the pockets still hadn't been opened! I don't know what the catch is, but if there is one i haven't found it yet. and yes, my father certainly was surprised, stopped short in his tracks when he saw friends lined up in the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran