Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thank you. Here's the full shot, I'm a bit rumpled at the end of a long day.

DSC02248.jpg

Jamie, dashing as always!

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Disney NY fedora. Blue and white striped button down shirt. Red leaves design 1940s tie (Aardvarks Pasedena). Blarney woolen mills sleeveless sweater. Hirsch 1940s coat (Aardvarks Pasedena).

d72061ea.jpg

2c1a248e.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
With seeing yours, I've just started a PictureTrail album of good pics that would look great desaturated into Blk/Wht, yours was the first one I posted in the album. Sir Paddy's still shot posted from his Film Noir YouTube inspired me!
Mr. 'H' said:
Fantastic chanteuseCarey!!! :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Today the photo might seem a bit strange...

It's my vintage (I guess early 40's, given the unreeded sweat) Dobbs Twenty fedora and my not so vintage (custom built for me in 2000) guitar (my workhorse and my darling, all in one! ;)).

Once again: very special greetings to Ephraim Tutt & djgo-cat-go (you lads know why...! :D).

Dobbs_Taupe_12_01_09.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Wonderful hat, fabulous guitar, and a GREAT grin and look on your face Mario dear!
Mario said:
Today the photo might seem a bit strange...

It's my vintage (I guess early 40's, given the unreeded sweat) Dobbs Twenty fedora and my not so vintage (custom built for me in 2000) guitar (my workhorse and my darling, all in one! ;)).

Once again: very special greetings to Ephraim Tutt & djgo-cat-go (you lads know why...! :D).

Dobbs_Taupe_12_01_09.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mary said:
This is lovely. Where can I find sweaters like this one? Maybe they are everywhere, I'm a bad at shopping.

Thank you. It's a Fair Isle sweater. That one came from a thrift store, but they're a classic that is currently 'in'. Check the usual suspects. Land's End has some on its site. I know J Crew has offered some recently. I have this one from J Crew on its way to me (bought second hand for a steal, but still NWT):

vest.jpg

On the more expensive end is a lovely version from Drake's. You can also buy directly from the knitters.

The Duke of Windsor liked them:

duke-dog-fair-isle.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
sproily said:
Open up the bottom button and it's perfect! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks, Sproily :) I am one of the ones that usually does up all the buttons on a db, but not always. I'll try it without next time.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just in from work and doing a Don Draper at the Cocktail Cabinet with the Glenmorangie! It's a cold winter's night, I'm getting the log fire going here and work had its' moments today, so this is a wee 'rare' treat with this 'wee dram.'

Also, just showing off my CC41 wartime civilian 'British' DB Overcoat in blue with maroon windowpane check detailing. Actually, just forget what it looks like, right now it's a nice warm jacket and that's what matters. Also wearing a 1939 American SB Notch lapel all-wool suit - again because it's functional right now with the low temps. Function over style is my motto right now, colours matching..et al, isn't a big priority.

OH yes, just got the Xmas tree up. Still got decorations to go on, but still, it's nice to have it up.

OVERCOAT002.jpg

OVERCOAT005.jpg

OVERCOAT007.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24