Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Panache

A-List Customer
I am a volunteer at my children's school library. I thought it would be fun to read "Twas the Night before Christmas" to the classes in period attire so I wore my Dicken's Faire outfit.

DSC01336.jpg

The kids liked it a lot but sadly they associate top hats only with stage magicians and Willy Wonka. I did had fun explaining how once this sort of dress was the norm.

Here's a version that might work for a Christmas card

DSC01336-1.jpg

Happy Holidays to the fine Ladies and Gentlemen of the Fedora Lounge

Cheers

Jamie

Grant Fan

Practically Family
mike said:
Grant Fan, you look GREAT! I thought you had a major facial injury just a month ago? You can't see it AT ALL!!! :D

I did it was just about a month and a half ago. And thank you that makes me feel great. I worry about people seeing the scar all the time.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Grant Fan said:
I did it was just about a month and a half ago. And thank you that makes me feel great. I worry about people seeing the scar all the time.

If it was visible, it would have just given you further personality and a sense of danger...! Too bad, not happening! :p

Grant Fan

Practically Family
mike said:
If it was visible, it would have just given you further personality and a sense of danger...! Too bad, not happening! :p

Haha I think I am please not to have further personality and a sense of danger in the form of a mark on my face. I like to keep it a secret lol

Grant Fan said:
Haha I think I am please not to have further personality and a sense of danger in the form of a mark on my face. I like to keep it a secret lol
And you do it very well--I was looking, and even having some idea of where it was I couldn't spot it!

On the other hand, try having to deal with seeing this *points at self* face in the mirror first thing every morning... and it only gets worse if I don't have the shades hiding my eyes when I do.:eek: (Together with my background, hence my "ugly as sin, and not particularly good-looking either" commentary...lol)

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
And you do it very well--I was looking, and even having some idea of where it was I couldn't spot it!

On the other hand, try having to deal with seeing this *points at self* face in the mirror first thing every morning... and it only gets worse if I don't have the shades hiding my eyes when I do.:eek: (Together with my background, hence my "ugly as sin, and not particularly good-looking either" commentary...lol)

Well as you know where to look I am pleased you can't see it, that elevates some of my worry about when I see Paul at the end of the month, he has yet to see it in person (obviously).

Chasseur said:
Grant fan lovely as ever!:eusa_clap

Thank you darling I appreciate it.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
phillipcwilliams

The pic is a bit fuzzy, but this is a corduroy suit I had made while in Afghanistan - the only vintage bits are the old viyella shirt and the Irish wool "lampwick" tie and the tweed cap.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Panache said:
I am a volunteer at my children's school library. I thought it would be fun to read "Twas the Night before Christmas" to the classes in period attire so I wore my Dicken's Faire outfit.

DSC01336.jpg

The kids liked it a lot but sadly they associate top hats only with stage magicians and Willy Wonka. I did had fun explaining how once this sort of dress was the norm.

Here's a version that might work for a Christmas card

DSC01336-1.jpg

Happy Holidays to the fine Ladies and Gentlemen of the Fedora Lounge

Cheers

Jamie

"These are garments, Mr. Cratchit. Garments were invented by the human race as a protection against the cold. Once purchased, they may be used indefinitely for the purpose for which they are intended. Coal burns. Coal is momentary and coal is costly. There will be no more coal burned in this office today, is that quite clear, Mr. Cratchit?"

Lenore

Practically Family
MizzStephens said:
And here's a closeup of my shoes. I love them! They may not be period but since heels are hard for me on campus, they work well I think.

CIMG0267.jpg

I'm still kind of new to dressing vintage, but I really like how it makes me feel. :)

I LOVVVVVVVVVE your shoes! You look fantastic. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot